Alabama rig bass

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I have a small Alabama rig in my tackle box. I've used it a few times without success. I mostly toss lures with a spinning rod. When the lure is cast, the hooks have a tendency to wrap around the line. But I like the concept. It looks like 3 fish chasing another fish. Yesterday I tied it on after trying 2 other lures. First cast I hooked up. I quit after that. I was itching to wet a line and after connecting I was content to call it a day. I fished from the bank of a small neighborhood pond. This pond has produced 10 pounders in the past but none in the last few years. I always keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Any other anglers used an Alabama rig and did you have any luck? I like the videos where a guy fishing from a boat pulls in 2 or 3 schoolie bass on the rig.

DSCF7311.jpg

Midnightrider

I have a small Alabama rig in my tackle box. I've used it a few times without success. I mostly toss lures with a spinning rod. When the lure is cast, the hooks have a tendency to wrap around the line. But I like the concept. It looks like 3 fish chasing another fish. Yesterday I tied it on after trying 2 other lures. First cast I hooked up. I quit after that. I was itching to wet a line and after connecting I was content to call it a day. I fished from the bank of a small neighborhood pond. This pond has produced 10 pounders in the past but none in the last few years. I always keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Any other anglers used an Alabama rig and did you have any luck? I like the videos where a guy fishing from a boat pulls in 2 or 3 schoolie bass on the rig.

View attachment 106762

Ive tried them a few times with no success, although I love fishing jigs and do well with those so it should be right for me