Alan Alda to run for President

Pete

Repete
Steve said:
Alda playing a Republican. Now THAT will test his acting abilities!
You watch, he will play the Republican part nasty and vile making Republicans look like satans spawn. Too bad many goobers see TV and believe it.

Toxick

Splat
Pete said:
You watch, he will play the Republican part nasty and vile making Republicans look like satans spawn. Too bad many goobers see TV and believe it.

Doesn't that about sum up the entire series?

I watched West Wing once. The message I got from that one episode was: "Democrats, Good; Republicans, Bad."

Steve

Enjoying life!
Pete said:

I'll have to remember that I heard it here first. I don't watch the West Wing, but I know that Sheen's character is next to saintly in its portrayal. So that only leaves the "evil" Republican characterization to counter his. Someone will have to bump and update, because I still won't watch the West Wing.

SamSpade

Toxick said:
Doesn't that about sum up the entire series?

I watched West Wing once. The message I got from that one episode was: "Democrats, Good; Republicans, Bad."

I have yet to see a TV show or movie where this ISN'T the case. Even in "The American President", Dreyfuss had to play "evil Republican". It's no wonder that people who don't know politics think that. I work with a woman who once asked me "Democrats and what's the other one? Republicans? And which ones are the 'good' guys? The Democrats, right? Aren't the Democrats the 'good' guys?"

I wanted to scream.