ALERT: NRP Searches for Missing Boater on Potomac

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Does anyone find it weird that the 52 yr old could swim to shore but the younger guy couldn't???

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Does anyone find it weird that the 52 yr old could swim to shore but the younger guy couldn't???

Nope.

The older man was obviously the better swimmer.:shrug: Lots of things to factor in when in a survival situation. Then there is this:

Neither occupant was wearing their life jackets at the time of the accident. Last year, Maryland had 17 boating fatalities, 16 were not wearing their life jackets.

I'm sure Baja or other boaters can verify this but I think the law is 1 life jacket for every occupant PLUS 1 supplemental flotation device (seat cushion type).

:flowers: to you Chasey.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm sure Baja or other boaters can verify this but I think the law is 1 life jacket for every occupant PLUS 1 supplemental flotation device (seat cushion type).
That's correct but I have to say that I never wear mine. In fact, they are all zipped up in a life jacket storage container. I'm a very strong swimmer but if anyone on my boat wanted to wear one they are more than welcome. No jokes would be made. :yay: