Alert: possible wicked weather on Sunday

Dakota

~~~~~~~
:lol:

I :heart: Frankie, bless his heart.

But you know what sucks??? This weekend is the St. Mary's County fair. :ohwell: I didn't intend to go but what a mess that will be Sunday shutting things down.

Everyone else is reporting 50% chance of rain Sunday with 10-15mph winds. Not so sure we have much to worry about.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Ok, something to keep an eye on. Maybe I'll fire up the generators tomorrow....

Funny you mention that, I have been doing the annual oil change and general maintainence on ours.

How effective do ya'll think Sta-bil fuel stabilizer is in ethanol contaminated gasoline?

Would it be worth it to go get some no-ethanol fuel from a marina or wherever for the purpose of long term fuel tankage, such as in the case of a generator? I would still put Sta-bil in it.

Tempted to just put leaded avgas in it!

Ideally I would change fuel (assuming non-use) twice a year, I.e., spring and fall.

Added: just answered my own question, here:

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/sta-bil-faqs

Long story short: change out gasoline in small engines at least annually if treated with fuel stabilizer (Sta-bil) or monthly if not treated. If you don't, expect gummed up fuel system issues, typically causing no-starts, due to clogged up fuel orifices ("jets").

Routine preventive maintainence engine runs, say monthly, also help a lot. It flows fresh(er) fuel through the carb, flushing it. Not to mention the engine lower end benefits from getting the oil warm.

Last edited:
Funny you mention that, I have been doing the annual oil change and general maintainence on ours.

How effective do ya'll think Sta-bil fuel stabilizer is in ethanol contaminated gasoline?

Would it be worth it to go get some no-ethanol fuel from a marina or wherever for the purpose of long term fuel tankage, such as in the case of a generator? I would still put Sta-bil in it.

Tempted to just put leaded avgas in it!

Ideally I would change fuel (assuming non-use) twice a year, I.e., spring and fall.

Added: just answered my own question, here:

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/sta-bil-faqs

Long story short: change out gasoline in small engines at least annually if treated with fuel stabilizer (Sta-bil) or monthly if not treated. If you don't, expect gummed up fuel system issues, typically causing no-starts, due to clogged up fuel orifices ("jets").

Routine preventive maintainence engine runs, say monthly, also help a lot. It flows fresh(er) fuel through the carb, flushing it. Not to mention the engine lower end benefits from getting the oil warm.
I use Stabil Marine (green in color) and regular E10 fuel. I've had one genny from 1984, never drained or flushed the fuel system, cleaned the carb once in all that time (got a bit of water in there), still starts on the first pull. The big trick is to turn off the fuel tap while it's still running and let it run out of fuel. If there's nothing in the carb, it can't get gummy.