Alex Jones on the Joe Rogan Experience

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had never even heard of Alex Jones until the prog media started ranting about him and trying to make him out to be a Republican leader. You never see him anywhere unless Rachel Maddow or some CNN drone throws him out like red meat to their starving wolverine audience.

Midnightrider

I had never even heard of Alex Jones until the prog media started ranting about him and trying to make him out to be a Republican leader. You never see him anywhere unless Rachel Maddow or some CNN drone throws him out like red meat to their starving wolverine audience.
he is the basis for about half of the misinformation gurps spreads

glhs837

Power with Control
Nah, very few people on the right use him for a source, he's a retread 9/11 conspiracy theorist. He was really the first one to monetize conspiracy theory in a big way. He's either a nut job or he plays one very convincingly. In either case, as Vrai notes, very few people on the real right, as opposed to the nutjob right listen to him. I wouldn't know about him except for his 9/11 BS.

Auntie Biache'

I don't discount everything Ol' Alex has to say, but yeah, he's out there. That said, I'm not going to listen to him for 4+ hours. I love Joe Rogan, and I won't even give him that much of my time.

SamSpade

Ditto. And about the only thing I still know about him is his Infowars site, which I've never read.
If he has a radio show, I've never heard of it nor have any idea where to listen.

The left's attention on him reminds me years ago when I used to debate with this guy online who presumed that
everything conservative began and ended with -- PAT ROBERTSON. He might as well have said Lyndon LaRouche.
I could never quite explain to him that most PEOPLE I knew thought he was a lunatic, let alone conservatives.
Virtually every time Pat said something seriously stupid - which was pretty much ALWAYS - our collective silence on the matter
(based almost entirely on the fact that I had no idea that he had said anything, since I never read or listened to him)
was interpreted as tacit approval. Every time the conservatives on the forum I was on did NOT come out the next day to
condemn it, he would get irate and claim we all supported the idea.