Alexandria Bay, NY

limblips

PREMO Member
Wow, sorry so late with the response. We have been camping for 2 weeks. So to answer your question. Yes I am very familiar with Alex Bay. Beautiful area with tons to do. Everything from the touristy go karts and mini golf to fantastic history, scenery and architecture. Google Boldt Castle, Singer Castle, and other mansions on the islands. The antique boat museum in Clayton is a must do for any boater and they offer cruises on antique boats. The dinner cruises offered are numerous and can be great food or meh. Look at the reviews. If going to Canada is in the plan, be prepared with proper documents. Not hard to get in to Canada but could be issues coming back in to the US! Waterfront dining is abundant and usually good but no the MD fare you are used to. Perch and walleye are common fish dinners (walleye are da bomb!). If you plan ahead for next year, you can hit the NE Nationals car show (HUGE) in Syracuse on your way or the NYS fair. PM me for specific questions.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Wow, sorry so late with the response. We have been camping for 2 weeks. So to answer your question. Yes I am very familiar with Alex Bay. Beautiful area with tons to do. Everything from the touristy go karts and mini golf to fantastic history, scenery and architecture. Google Boldt Castle, Singer Castle, and other mansions on the islands. The antique boat museum in Clayton is a must do for any boater and they offer cruises on antique boats. The dinner cruises offered are numerous and can be great food or meh. Look at the reviews. If going to Canada is in the plan, be prepared with proper documents. Not hard to get in to Canada but could be issues coming back in to the US! Waterfront dining is abundant and usually good but no the MD fare you are used to. Perch and walleye are common fish dinners (walleye are da bomb!). If you plan ahead for next year, you can hit the NE Nationals car show (HUGE) in Syracuse on your way or the NYS fair. PM me for specific questions.
@vraiblonde

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So how long would you say someone needed to see all the things in this area? Would a month be too long?

limblips

PREMO Member
So how long would you say someone needed to see all the things in this area? Would a month be too long?
It would be in January! A couple of weeks. That would allow for a day of walleye fishing too! Boldt Castle is a day as is Singer Castle. Another few days for the miscellaneous island tours. I spent 2 days at the boat museum last time but I am an old boat nerd. Day trips to places like Sacketts Harbor. You might want to look at booking a salmon trip on Lake Ontario. Last time I got a 36lb king. Look at Wellesley Island for camping.

limblips

PREMO Member
Be aware that things are crazy up here right now. I just finished my 14 day quarantine. They are not allowing out of state to stay in state campgrounds On the upside, the border is closed so there are few Canadian visitors which makes everything less crowded. Fishing on the river is at peak for the season. Smallmouth are plentiful. Northerns in the tributaries and coves. Sadly ( :sarcasm:) they cancelled the carp tournament in Waddington.