All I can say is, I'm glad Sept 11 is coming...

Qpid

Toxick said:
...so that the ensuing frenzied annual media orgy will focus on something else for at least 24 effing hours.

indeed, more innocent lost lives.

Toxick

Splat
Qpid said:
indeed, more innocent lost lives.

Can you smell the saliva running from the corners of their ravening mouths already?

LOL @ the picture link in your sig.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Toxick said:
...so that the ensuing frenzied annual media orgy will focus on something else for at least 24 effing hours.
Good point. Maybe you could do what I do, and stay away from TV news altogether. With print news, I like being able to absorb the information at my own pace. I find that TV news is a sledgehammer on the brain.

BuddyLee

Football addict
AzureAngel said:
Do you think we are safe this 9/11 or do you think anyone might be stupid enough to try and attack us?
1) If you were a terrorist would you attack on the Anniversary when the security will be heightened considerably?

2) Why would they attack on this day and not the past three years on the same exact day?

AzureAngel

BuddyLee said:
1) If you were a terrorist would you attack on the Anniversary when the security will be heightened considerably?

2) Why would they attack on this day and not the past three years on the same exact day?

I only asked because, I am supposed to be doing the America Supports You Freedom Walk tomorrow morning, and I'm a little bit nervous. Of course, I've heard the rumors about an attack, as I do every year, but, it only takes once, for me to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

1) I dont know what I would do if I were a terrorist. They dont seem to use much logic, anyone that would do what they do, to themselves, just to give another country a big eff U, obviously isnt right to begin with. So even though security is heightened, I wouldnt put it past them.

2)Probably because they have been planning what to do next time they do it. Even bank robbers who pull off the perfect heist, dont run right out the next day and do it again. They plan it, so it will be perfect again. So you never know if they will do something this year, or next year, or the year after.

So, your only reasoning that they wont do anything is because, security will be higher on that day, and they havent so far, why would they start now? I was kind of hoping someone in the military, who might have heard something about what was going on, would chime in. Hopefully they have a better reasoning to go along with their opinion. :wink:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
AzureAngel said:
I only asked because, I am supposed to be doing the America Supports You Freedom Walk tomorrow morning, and I'm a little bit nervous. Of course, I've heard the rumors about an attack, as I do every year, but, it only takes once, for me to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
You can't live your life in fear...that is part of what the terrorists are all about. If everyone were to stay inside and alter their routines, then the terrorists would have a hold on us, and be in control. I spend a lot of weekends in DC, and sometimes I do get a little nervous, but it's not going to stop me from living my life. Chances are, it will hit when we least expect it (like early on a Tuesday morning. :shrug:)
I was kind of hoping someone in the military, who might have heard something about what was going on, would chime in. Hopefully they have a better reasoning to go along with their opinion. :wink:
If someone in the military knew, and it was okay to tell people, then we would all know. You need to understand that intelligence information is not for everyone. Can you imagine how many illegitimate threats there have been over the years? Now imagine the crippling panic that would spread like wildfire if it were made public.

BuddyLee

Football addict
AzureAngel said:
1) I dont know what I would do if I were a terrorist. They dont seem to use much logic, anyone that would do what they do, to themselves, just to give another country a big eff U, obviously isnt right to begin with. So even though security is heightened, I wouldnt put it past them.
They've gotten past our security on a number of occasions. Again, why would they go when we highly suspect it? They wouldn't IMO.

AzureAngel said:
2)Probably because they have been planning what to do next time they do it. Even bank robbers who pull off the perfect heist, dont run right out the next day and do it again. They plan it, so it will be perfect again. So you never know if they will do something this year, or next year, or the year after.

So, your only reasoning that they wont do anything is because, security will be higher on that day, and they havent so far, why would they start now? I was kind of hoping someone in the military, who might have heard something about what was going on, would chime in. Hopefully they have a better reasoning to go along with their opinion. :wink:
And your reasoning was that it was merely 9/11.:confused: Again, why would they attack on this day than any other? If its because its the anniversary, why didn't they attack the last three years?