All those govs... they look weird

UglyBear

Reading the latest news about governors that did draconian state shutdowns, it dawned on me...
The male govs have something common among them -- they all look like cucks. PA gov, WI gov, CO gov... Same as our dear Frosh. Not a drop of testosterone among them.
The female gov (MI) looks like Bruce Jenner.

Is it something with the Dem party and the people it attracts? Or did they want to put up the least male-toxic people for the position?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Reading the latest news about governors that did draconian state shutdowns, it dawned on me...
The male govs have something common among them -- they all look like cucks. PA gov, WI gov, CO gov... Same as our dear Frosh. Not a drop of testosterone among them.
The female gov (MI) looks like Bruce Jenner.

Is it something with the Dem party and the people it attracts? Or did they want to put up the least male-toxic people for the position?

Only gay men are Democrats. That's why they all look fem - because they are. Either that or they're sexual predators and pedophiles because they know where the easy pickins are found.

It's like all those Teen Beat and what have you mags with the girly boy teen idols on the cover. Note that they're all - every single one of them, going back decades - either androgynous or outright effeminate. It's because girly boys come across as non-threatening and non-masculine, so pre-teen girls can have their crushes without any real sexual attraction.

That's the Democrat attraction to Gavin Newsom - he's a teen crush. A Leif Garrett for adult women because they're afraid of real men.

No, seriously. That's really the psychology behind it. I'm not making that up.

Grumpy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's how the decidedly effeminate Barack Obama got elected. "Oooooh, I'ma vote for him! He looks like one of the boys in New Edition!"

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Hate to make this observation - but if you have any kind of image in Hollywood as a "tough guy" - it at least used to be a foregone conclusion you were a Republican. Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Tom Selleck, Kevin Sorbo, Jim Caviezel, John Wayne, Charlton Heston, James Cagney, Chuck Connors, Fess Parker (Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett to those who don't remember).

The list is longer and includes the type of guys people don't normally associate with "tough" - William Holden, Glenn Ford, Robert Davi - because they just don't remember them. But I do.

It doesn't always go both ways of course. Adam Sandler is Republican, but he doesn't scare anybody. So are Ben Stein and Dennis Miller.
The Rock USED to be Republican - now Independent - but not Democrat. Matt LeBlanc is Republican, but he doesn't get political.

But it does seem to me if you're kind of a wuss on TV or movies - a bit - NOT masculine - probably Democrat. Just my observation.

UglyBear

Skylark, you are erroneously equating brawn with masculinity. We are talking about confidence, character, and competence. That's the anti-cuck-ness that Dem govs fail to display.
Especially the PA dude -- he always looks like he's about to turn to his shrew wife for approval -- "Did I say that right, honey?"

And using those criteria, Trump, even overweight and elderly, hits Obama out of the park.

Newsom also fails in that -- he's like a soft Ken doll, and in his aggression, he seems vicious and petty.

UglyBear

Okay, but gay men are obviously going to be attracted to the Barack photo. It's like the centerfold in OUT magazine. He's even got some moob action going on so you can pretend you're straight.
Interestingly enough, at work and school I knew some very manly gay men -- confident, assertive, calm. They drank beer, ate rare steak, climbed mountains and fiddled with cars. They just were wired to get sexually excited by other dudes, and their standards were sky-high.
Getting to know them and becoming friends really modified my opinion to be "Whatever one does in their bedroom is not anyone's business, just be a good human to others around you".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Adam Sandler is Republican, but he doesn't scare anybody.

However he definitely looks and acts like a guy and is not effeminate in any way.

Contrast that to Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio. Brad Pitt. The Hemsworth brothers. Good grief, is any male actor more girly than Rob Lowe? Or John Travolta?

This is it in a nutshell:

Conservative man:

Progressive "man":

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's like all those Teen Beat and what have you mags with the girly boy teen idols on the cover. Note that they're all - every single one of them, going back decades - either androgynous or outright effeminate. It's because girly boys come across as non-threatening and non-masculine, so pre-teen girls can have their crushes without any real sexual attraction.
Admit it. You were sucked in by Bat Boy. :lmao:

SkylarkTempest

Okay, but gay men are obviously going to be attracted to the Barack photo. It's like the centerfold in OUT magazine. He's even got some moob action going on so you can pretend you're straight.

Can I also pretend I'm female, like I am? You really don't connect with reality, do you?

SkylarkTempest

We are talking about confidence, character, and competence.

Interesting. Are you saying that a man that lacks these qualities isn't masculine? I'd be inclined to agree with you COMPLETELY. Is that what you're saying? Please let this be what you're saying!

SamSpade

Admit it. You were sucked in by Bat Boy. :lmao:

View attachment 148189

On a different note - I had a subscription to the Weekly World News for many years until they went all digital.
I would pick the funniest story each issue and post it near my desk at work.

What I loved about this paper was, it didn't even try to pretend it was creating outrageous but otherwise "true" stories - without calling themselves a parody, they openly admitted they just made it up. Didn't mean it wasn't the funniest paper you've ever read.

FAVORITE article of all time - diaper that only needs changing once a month (pic showed a huge diaper cinched off at the child's NECK).
I so wish they had an archive online.

UglyBear

Interesting. Are you saying that a man that lacks these qualities isn't masculine? I'd be inclined to agree with you COMPLETELY. Is that what you're saying? Please let this be what you're saying!
Yes?
I know and respect many non-brawny, nerdy men, who have character, competence, and charm -- and they are as manly as they come.
Manliness comes in many flavors, and "cuck" is not one of them.