Allow Me To Introduce Ammo Grrrll

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Former stand-up comedienne, Susan Vass, writes a weekly column at the Powerline blog every Friday. Never misses a week.

Culture, politics, feminism, she writes/jokes about it all.

This week's is (link) "THOUGHTS FROM THE AMMO LINE - Ammo Grrrll is happily MARRIED TO AN ENTHUSIAST."

We are now in our tenth year of living in Arizona. Before that we “wintered” in San Diego for two years and then Palm Springs for ten. I would notice groups of men lingering over coffee in the upscale supermarket. These were married retirees, men who had clearly been kicked out of their small winter condos by wives who probably loved them dearly but desperately needed some solitude, some “space.” (I suppose it is also possible that the men were just as happy to escape briefly from their wives, but in my experience, men can just turn up the television and pretend we aren’t even there. Hypothetically.)

A friend has a pillow in his office, a needlepointed message that says bluntly: “Retirement means half the income and twice the husband.”

Remember when Valerie Jarrett told us that Barack Hussein Obama was bored all the time because he was just so dang much smarter than the rest of us? Alas, she had confused boredom with sheer laziness and lack of imagination. It’s a common mistake.

Perhaps it is a mercy on the part of the Lord to make the dull-witted also short on self-awareness so that they don’t get embarrassed when they say things like that there is no difference between the Berlin Wall – which, of course, kept imprisoned people IN, and the Gaza Wall, which keeps vile terrorists OUT. Or rail against “tactile” nuclear weapons. Luckily, the terminally-stupid often have extreme arrogance to compensate for minimal brains.

Click on over for the rest of the column. Enjoy it. And my hope is will enjoy her each Friday. My wife and I do. Religiously!

(Btw, three books covering her first five(?) years of columns is available over on Amazon. Just search for "Ammo Grrrll."

--- End of (punch) line (MCP)