Almost Time to Play Ball!

thurley42

HY;FR
I was all excited about the thread until i see the first two comments are let's go Red Sox and Yankees.....

As long as that is where you grew up, I don't have any problem with it besides the fact that I can't stand the teams....but the band wagons are old, squeaky, and worn out.....Yankees and Sox fans are bad enough, but when you go to anywhere USA and someone says, "They were born and raised in (anywhere but NY or New England) and have ALWAYS been a fan." I just want to puke.

Go Indians
(Ohio Native):buddies:

donbarzini

I was all excited about the thread until i see the first two comments are let's go Red Sox and Yankees.....

As long as that is where you grew up, I don't have any problem with it besides the fact that I can't stand the teams....but the band wagons are old, squeaky, and worn out.....Yankees and Sox fans are bad enough, but when you go to anywhere USA and someone says, "They were born and raised in (anywhere but NY or New England) and have ALWAYS been a fan." I just want to puke.

Go Indians

I was born and raised in East Boston, Ma. Worked at Fenway cleaning up after games. For the most part I agree with you with one caveat:

My son and daughter were both born in Clinton, Md., but they have been raised as Red Sox fans. So........

yankee44

Go Indians

Born and raised 20 miles outside of Cooperstown NY. Played American Legion ball for Cooperstown and our home feild was Doubleday feild. (Hall Of Fame Feild)

So unless I was born in the "CITY" I dont see how I can be any more NEW YORK than that.

yankee44

I was born and raised in East Boston, Ma. Worked at Fenway cleaning up after games. For the most part I agree with you with one caveat:

My son and daughter were both born in Clinton, Md., but they have been raised as Red Sox fans. So........

From one true Baseball fan to another :buddies: Cheers

donbarzini

Truthfully, I told my kids they could be fans of ANY teams they wanted EXCEPT:

Yankees/Jets/Rangers/Knicks

thurley42

HY;FR
See that is what I'm saying....you both pass. Now I respect the fact you are both authentic, but can't stand you because of your respective teams....:boxing:

Seriously, it has to get annoying with everyone always loving up on your teams when they aren't true fans......of course being from the area makes you an authentic fan. I grew up in the middle of Ohio, not in Cleveland...

I got real mad when some clowns started talking about the Indians this winter...( I know right a Tribe bandwagon ) People that ride the wagons are one of my top pet peeves next to old people and creamed corn......

Seriously....Good Luck this year, between the 3 of us and the Tigers it should be a great year of baseball....

Nupe2

Born and raised in the district and used to walk to DC Stadium to see the Senators. Benny Daniels (Senator pitcher) used to live in our neighborhood...can't imagine a current player living amongst regular folks.

Go Nats! :buddies:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Born and raised in the district and used to walk to DC Stadium to see the Senators. Benny Daniels (Senator pitcher) used to live in our neighborhood...can't imagine a current player living amongst regular folks.

Go Nats! :buddies:
:howdy: :huggy:

I used to go to RFK all the time with my dad..and family worked there.

Go NATS!!

thurley42

HY;FR
can't wait to go to the new stadium and check it out...not a Nats fan but as a lover of baseball i get in my share of Nats and O's games every summer.

Go Tribe!

smilin

BOXER NATION
Best quote ever:
"There aren't any PIN STRIPES in my house!"
Go Sox / Os (when Angelos goes). Used to cheer the Senators, but when they moved sort of lost my way and ended up at Camden Yards. What a place!