alright folks, discuss this in utterly ridiculous detail... I need some resolution

GregV814

Rogers & Hammerstein's "Bali H'ai"
Robert Plant & Jimmy Page's "Immigrant Song"
The Theme for Get Smart

Are they similar, but in different tempo and octave??? Some say yes, some say no...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I thought everyone knew that The Immigrant Song was based on the theme to Get Smart......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
well, thats a far fetched supposition...but did the writers of the Get Smart lift it from Rogers and Hammertein??? We may never know...Did George Harrison lift his song My Sweet Lord from the Shirelles He's so fine????
So, I had a lengthy convoluted conversation with famed archaeologist Gary Draden of the show, "Mud on Oak Island" about this... In an upcoming episode, he will reveal a leatherbound book of guitar tabs, in pristine condition, found in mudhole number 9.. (Oddly enough it is the same number that John Lennon was fascinated with, number 9...) anyway, Gary said its a "top pocket" find that the manuscript was dated to be between 900 and 1425 AD... It contained a Gregorian chant with the exact same notes!!!!

You should get Latif Nasser to do a show about it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I thought everyone knew that The Immigrant Song was based on the theme to Get Smart......
This is the first time I've heard that. I recall some song in the 80s where people claimed there was a person in danger screaming on the song. We were discussing it at work. I said I never heard that. Others said that tale has been going around for years. So my conclusion is I need to get out more.

What happens if you play the 3 mentioned songs backwards? I played a country music song backwards once. I got my truck, dog and girl back.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So, I had a lengthy convoluted conversation with famed archaeologist Gary Draden of the show, "Mud on Oak Island" about this... In an upcoming episode, he will reveal a leatherbound book of guitar tabs, in pristine condition, found in mudhole number 9.. (Oddly enough it is the same number that John Lennon was fascinated with, number 9...) anyway, Gary said its a "top pocket" find that the manuscript was dated to be between 900 and 1425 AD... It contained a Gregorian chant with the exact same notes!!!!
Every day you die a little more to me.