Alternative Thought for the Day

TripleJ

Originally posted by Christy
Of course he did!

:bonk: Ken King! :neener:
of course..... all the quotes are posted with nothing but, love, kindness and compassion, in fact those are my real names :cheers:

TripleJ

For most men life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed.
Clifton Fadiman (1904 - ):cheers:

TripleJ

:smile: Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta: cheers:

TripleJ

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

TripleJ

Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Hmm . . . Christy . . . ? :shrug:
Those three last quotes were from people talked about in the forums, so, I thought some might like to see a quote from them:cheers:

TripleJ

Money is like a sixth sense without which you cannot make a complete use of the other five.
W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
:cheers:

TripleJ

"The results of karma cannot be known by thought, and so should not be speculated about. Thus, thinking, one would come to distraction and distress.

"Therefore, Ananda, do not be the judge of people; do not make assumptions about others. A person is destroyed by holding judgments about others."

-Anguttura Nikaya

TripleJ

Anger is the real destroyer of our good human qualities; an enemy with a weapon cannot destroy these qualities, but anger can. Anger is our real enemy.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

TripleJ

Seeing matter itself as emptiness produces great wisdom so one does not dwell in birth and death; seeing emptiness as equivalent to matter produces great compassion so one does not dwell in nirvana.

-Yun-feng