Altuve

b23hqb

PREMO Member
For a guy who is five foot almost nothing, he sure packs a punch with his bat, and is a spark plug and dynamo on the bases and in the field. He is the best player in MLB. And, by the way, he gloriously sent the stinking Jankees packing.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
15heightWEB1-articleLarge.jpg

Grumpy

Holdforth’s prank became legendary and many, including Pollin, came to falsely believe that Holdforth also dumped a beer on Short that night.
AD
Legendary Senators fan ‘Baseball Bill’ tells Andy Pollin about harassing owner Bob Short

“I can tell you, over the years, whenever I’ve been interviewed about it, that’s always been brought up and I’ve always corrected it,” Holdforth, 63, said Thursday. “It always seemed to fit the story better to say that.”​
(“If you knew me, you knew it wasn’t me who did it,” Holdforth, who worked as a bartender at the Hawk ‘n’ Dove on Capitol Hill for many years, told The Post’s Manny Fernandez in 2004. “I’d never waste a beer like that.”)​
Holdforth explained to Pollin how he got access to Short’s section.​
“I knew the ushers in Baltimore because I used to go to the games when the Senators were out of town,” he said. “I worked it [out] with the guy with what I was going to do. He said, ‘Well, I don’t want to get in trouble.’ I said, ‘When you come down to tell us to move, we’ll move.’ So he said fine. I was in the bathroom when the beer got poured on him. Some girl ran down and did it. But the next day, in the paper, when they showed the picture, it was a collage of pictures of Short and what have you, and they showed me with the effigy. And they showed him wiping the beer off, so it gave the impression that that’s what happened.”​
My aunts 5 minutes of fame.