Alyssa Milano: “But isn’t it worth trying?”

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Isn't it a general trend in the country to intervene less and less in cases of bad and aberrant behavior exhibited by kids in schools? Wasn't that flagged as a factor in Parkland case? Kids cannot be disciplined..cannot be charged...cannot have anything "negative" done against them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm looking to have the murder not exist in the first place.

Let me stop you right there.

That's not going to happen. Murder is as old as the beginning of time. Even when there were only four people on Earth, one found a reason to murder another.

It's like nutty climate activists who think they can control the whole universe: you can't control the human behavior of even the 325 million people in this country, let alone the 7.7 billion in the world. If find these pie in the sky "Oh let's DO something! We can prevent it!" discussions pointless and naive. You can't prevent crazy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Isn't it a general trend in the country to intervene less and less in cases of bad and aberrant behavior exhibited by kids in schools? Wasn't that flagged as a factor in Parkland case? Kids cannot be disciplined..cannot be charged...cannot have anything "negative" done against them.

Yes. And now some city just made an edict that the violent kids can't even be suspended from school.

If politicians wanted to "do something" (which they don't) they'd execute ALL violent offenders and lock up the non-violent ones. While it wouldn't 100% prevent antisocial/predatory behavior, it would surely reduce it a good bit. They whine about prison overcrowding, but I notice they found space for freaking Felicity Huffman. "Oh, I'm sorry, we cannot lock up this habitual criminal who keeps breaking into people's homes and stealing their stuff. We must make room for the person who cheated on her daughter's college admission."

Give me a ****ing break.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
"Oh, I'm sorry, we cannot lock up this habitual criminal who keeps breaking into people's homes and stealing their stuff. We must make room for the person who cheated on her daughter's college admission."

And sadly.... That's where we are.

Hijinx

If school principals had any balles and the law allowed it,they could expel maybe 5 kids a year and solve most of the problems.
The 5 don't want to learn they just wants to make disturbances and their expulsion would send the message to the rest.
And by expulsion I mean they are gone. GONE .... Not tutored at taxpayers expense, they don't come back, and if their parents want them educated they can pay for a tutor themselves.

This_person

Let me stop you right there.

That's not going to happen. Murder is as old as the beginning of time. Even when there were only four people on Earth, one found a reason to murder another.

It's like nutty climate activists who think they can control the whole universe: you can't control the human behavior of even the 325 million people in this country, let alone the 7.7 billion in the world. If find these pie in the sky "Oh let's DO something! We can prevent it!" discussions pointless and naive. You can't prevent crazy.
No one is saying anything about stopping all murders.

If there's a "but isn't it worth trying" thing, helping those that can be helped before they become murderers seems a pretty good place to start. There's absolutely no expectation it will stop all murders, but it may stop a lot.

Rage at finding your wife in bed with your best friend, or your husband in bed with his best friend, or your boss not giving you that Friday off you asked for TWO MONTHS AGO, KAREN are still going to lead to murders. Great Uncle Nevermet, who is worth $10M and leaving it all to his only remaining relative, but is hanging on at 83 and refuses to die of natural causes will still lead to murders.

But, maybe (just maybe) "my neighbor's dog said I should shoot up blue-haired old ladies as they exit the Presbyterian church this Sunday" might just be reduced. Just maybe.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But, maybe (just maybe) "my neighbor's dog said I should shoot up blue-haired old ladies as they exit the Presbyterian church this Sunday" might just be reduced. Just maybe.

Maybe, but psychopaths aren't usually the life of the party. Typically they "keep to themselves" and the few people around them don't realize they have something going on. Then you look at the BTK guy, a beloved pillar of his community, and Ted Bundy who was handsome and engaging (all the better to entice his victims).

You have to watch the interview of Sue Klebold, other of one of the Columbine shooters. It really sheds a lot of light on this sort of thing. Before I watched it I expect some "mah boah a goot bah" thing that would piss me off, but she was compelling and heartbreaking.

When I worked at Bambino's we had a dishwasher that we all liked. He was sweet and funny and hard working and used to walk us girls out to our cars at night so we wouldn't be going into a dark parking lot alone. Imagine my surprise to come into work one day and find that he and a buddy had killed the buddy's wife, and I believe they dismembered her as well.

You can't always tell who the monsters are.