Am I crazy??

DEEKAYPEE8569

I will be going from working in the Warrant Unit to working in the Property and Evidence Section. Logging in lots of paperwork to logging lots of money and drugs... and possibly bloody stuff. :lol:
If that is true, just remember the PPE; rubber gloves etc.. Good Luck with the new job! :buddies:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
If that is true, just remember the PPE; rubber gloves etc.. Good Luck with the new job! :buddies:

I wear gloves when dealing with PCP. I don't trust the heat seal bags they are contained within. As far as blood and urine, they are packaged pretty well so I am not worried about coming in direct contact.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Need some advice. How do I tell my former Supervisor and the lady who replaced me in my old position that it is time to cut the apron strings and stop calling, emailing, texting, and stopping by asking me questions. My new Supervisor and co-workers are starting to get irratated with them and so am I. They don't even try to figure stuff out themselves. They ask me. I wouldn't mind so much if I was the last resort after trying to figure stuff out first. How do I kindly tell them to leave me alone and let me do my NEW job???

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Need some advice. How do I tell my former Supervisor and the lady who replaced me in my old position that it is time to cut the apron strings and stop calling, emailing, texting, and stopping by asking me questions. My new Supervisor and co-workers are starting to get irratated with them and so am I. They don't even try to figure stuff out themselves. They ask me. I wouldn't mind so much if I was the last resort after trying to figure stuff out first. How do I kindly tell them to leave me alone and let me do my NEW job???

Have your supervisor talk to your old supervisor.

Just gotta do it. Tell them you have your own, new job now and they just have to figure it out. Don't respond to emails and texts. Screen your phone calls. If they stop by, you're too busy to talk right now. Don't be gentle, they'll get the hint eventually.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Sounds like your replacement isn't a self starter and they failed by hiring her and continue to rely on you. Time to cut her/them off!

Myself, I started a brand new job with a new company in June. I was hired sight-unseen for my new customer. She was on travel and the person I was replacing was on a 2 week vacation. Hardly any pass down for me. I jumped right in and kicked ass and took names later. I am now a very valuable asset to both my customer and company. It really wasn't that hard, for me. Your replacement, not so much...

I am glad to hear that you are doing great and loving your new job! Change can be a challenge, but rewarding, at the same time!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just gotta do it. Tell them you have your own, new job now and they just have to figure it out. Don't respond to emails and texts. Screen your phone calls. If they stop by, you're too busy to talk right now. Don't be gentle, they'll get the hint eventually.

^ And that!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Have your supervisor talk to your old supervisor.

He has suggested doing that.

I do screen my calls from them. Problem is that I'm right down the hall from them so if they don't get an answer, they come find me. I will probably end up talking to my old Supervisor this morning and tell him that I should only be contacted as a last resort and that my replacement needs to start thinking for herself.

Sounds like your replacement isn't a self starter and they failed by hiring her and continue to rely on you. Time to cut her/them off!

Myself, I started a brand new job with a new company in June. I was hired sight-unseen for my new customer. She was on travel and the person I was replacing was on a 2 week vacation. Hardly any pass down for me. I jumped right in and kicked ass and took names later. I am now a very valuable asset to both my customer and company. It really wasn't that hard, for me. Your replacement, not so much...

I am glad to hear that you are doing great and loving your new job! Change can be a challenge, but rewarding, at the same time!

Yes, I am really loving the job!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
No. You're not their fallback now. They need to deal with it.

It has only been two months since I switched jobs and there is a ton of stuff that comes up that my replacement will not know what to do so I don't mind helping out. The problem is that she calls me with simple things that she should know how to do without asking me. She refuses to just do the job. She wants me to walk her through everything.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Well, I'm looking to move onward and upward again. Applied for a job at the Sheriff's Office as a Legal Administrative Assistant. The move from Warrant Unit to Property and Evidence Section didn't quite work out as I had hoped. I just have to stay within the City government system for another 4-5 years to collect my pension. I am topped out right now salary wise and this job I applied for has a higher cap which is a bonus.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Wish you the best of luck!
Thank you. Sucks that the prior move didn't work out but that's what happens when people hire on emotion rather than ability and you get someone whose only job skill is custodian in nature working in here dealing with crime evidence that may/may not be vital in convicting someone. Add the fact that said person demands that anyone who can speak Spanish to her does and if you don't, she doesn't listen/respond when talked to by you. At least I hopefully won't have to wait 23 years to get out of the toxic environment like before.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thank you. Sucks that the prior move didn't work out but that's what happens when people hire on emotion rather than ability and you get someone whose only job skill is custodian in nature working in here dealing with crime evidence that may/may not be vital in convicting someone. Add the fact that said person demands that anyone who can speak Spanish to her does and if you don't, she doesn't listen/respond when talked to by you. At least I hopefully won't have to wait 23 years to get out of the toxic environment like before.
WTAF!?!

Grumpy

...speak Spanish to her does and if you don't, she doesn't listen/respond when talked to by you.

Had a secretary years ago that anytime you went to talk to her about some task she was assigned, if she saw you coming, she would bow her head and start praying and completely ignore you.....a bit awkward..

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yep. Prior boss' Supervisor hired her because she felt sorry for the lady. Not sure how you feel sorry for someone who got pregnant with her brother in law's baby because she thought they would have the same DNA and she would trap her husband into staying married to her. That didn't work and he divorced her. She tells everyone that her husband left her with 3 small kids, not the fact that she cheated on him and got pregnant with another guy's baby and that is why he left.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yep. Prior boss' Supervisor hired her because she felt sorry for the lady. Not sure how you feel sorry for someone who got pregnant with her brother in law's baby because she thought they would have the same DNA and she would trap her husband into staying married to her. That didn't work and he divorced her. She tells everyone that her husband left her with 3 small kids, not the fact that she cheated on him and got pregnant with another guy's baby and that is why he left.
Good googly-moogly! :twitch:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Co-worker called up the guy in charge of the office where I want to get the new job. He said he'd give his endorsement. I also found out the job is at the Courthouse, not the actual Sheriff's Office. He joked with my co-worker and said, "She can't take it over there anymore either?" :lol: