Am I the only one with a dumb kid??

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Son (19) called and said, "Mom, we might have a problem. I can't find my debit card. I am in Annapolis. I don't have much gas." I ask him if he needed me to meet him somewhere to give him some cash. He asks, "Why would you do that?" :doh: I asked him if he had enough to get home and he said he'll be praying to Jesus that he does. I told him to call me if he needs me to meet somewhere.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Maybe a kid that had a dumb moment more than likely. My son keeps $20 inside his phone case. We call it his just in case money.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Maybe a kid that had a dumb moment more than likely. My son keeps $20 inside his phone case. We call it his just in case money.
Normally he carries plenty of cash in his wallet. I am wondering if he lost his wallet and just doesn't want us to know.

kom526

Normally he carries plenty of cash in his wallet. I am wondering if he lost his wallet and just doesn't want us to know.
I lost my wallet years ago at the 7-11 on Livingston Road. I got it back in the mail almost exactly one year later.

UglyBear

RareBreed, as much as I remember being that age... the kid will be fine. You got a good one. He at least called you to warn you that he might need bailing out.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Why did he even look there?
I don't really know other than he was tearing his car apart looking for it. He has WeatherTech floor mats. Even though they were made for that car, he said there is still a little gap. Must have dropped the card and it landed in just the right angle to fall in the crack. Needless to say, this has taught him to be more careful.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The $20 in his phone case has been strongly suggested to him after this. Thanks for the idea!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Well... oldest upped the ante and stabbed himself in the thigh yesterday. Huge knife that he uses for fishing and it went in about 3 inches. Husband and I were at work and oldest and youngest were home. 911 called...ambulance came...cleaned and stitched up...back home several hours later and now it's like taking care of a toddler again but who is 20 and almost 6 feet tall.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well... oldest upped the ante and stabbed himself in the thigh yesterday. Huge knife that he uses for fishing and it went in about 3 inches. Husband and I were at work and oldest and youngest were home. 911 called...ambulance came...cleaned and stitched up...back home several hours later and now it's like taking care of a toddler again but who is 20 and almost 6 feet tall.

Sorry for laughing at that but my first thought was if that were my son I'd be like, "Bitch, if you don't stop doing these things I'ma take that knife and finish the job :mad: "

In fact, when it was my son I was like, "Bitch....."

So the short answer to your original question is, no, you're not the only one with a dumb kid. :lol:

So is he okay? Didn't do any permanent damage?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Sorry for laughing at that but my first thought was if that were my son I'd be like, "Bitch, if you don't stop doing these things I'ma take that knife and finish the job :mad: "

So the short answer to your original question is, no, you're not the only one with a dumb kid. :lol:

He is ok. Can't walk so he hobbles around with some old crutches we had. We joked that it was a good thing it wasn't his butt. Although doing the bandage change last night was a little awkward because I didn't want to touch anything I hadn't seen since the last time I changed his diapers.

kom526

To quote the great Shane Falco, "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. "
The story behind this one probably isn't as exciting as it seems at first glance though.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

He's going to have a nice scar, but I think he'll keep the story behind it to himself. 😉

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I tried to encourage my 3 boys to only do dumb stuff while I was home - then I had to add and awake.

Sound asleep, 14 yr old rushes in, "Mom, I think I need help."

He'd been 'playing' with a BB pistol. Holding it against his wrist and firing because the air felt 'cool'. Shot a BB into himself and the air got trapped under his skin.

He looked like he was asleep when I went to bed.

Always fun times.