Am I the only one with a dumb kid??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Busy day at Calvert. Ambulances coming and going nonstop and helo just landed near me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh the stories I could tell about my youngest son....fill a book. He was quite obviously sent as payback for having three super-easy kids prior...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I may not have been the smartest kid, but I was in the running for being the biggest klutz. Mom & Dad would take me to the ER and I would get greeted like Norm on Cheers. By 12 years old they all knew my name.
Since it had been only a little over a week since the initial visit, some in the ER remembered my son too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since it had been only a little over a week since the initial visit, some in the ER remembered my son too.

I'm sorry I laughed at that :flowers:

My daughter was a daredevil who didn't listen worth a crap. I could list all her ER trips but it might blow up the server. I made a rude comment about that girl with the teeth, but I can totally see that being my daughter.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
First ER bill came in yesterday. Surprisingly only $650. I expect the second ER bill to be about half that since a lot less was done.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Only took a little over a year for my son to have another incident with a sharp object. Got a call around 10pm last night from son saying he was driving himself to the emergency room. He was at work and was cutting plastic with an exacto knife. You can guess what happened next. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Only took a little over a year for my son to have another incident with a sharp object. Got a call around 10pm last night from son saying he was driving himself to the emergency room. He was at work and was cutting plastic with an exacto knife. You can guess what happened next. :rolleyes:

At some point you just stop taking their phone calls.

:jet:

I hope he's okay.

limblips

PREMO Member
4th of 6 boys. By the time I entered life's adolescent danger zone my older siblings had schooled the parent units on injury severity, so the ER was reserved for compound fractures or spurting blood, everything else was assigned to the "we'll wait a few days and see if it gets better" category.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
4th of 6 boys. By the time I entered life's adolescent danger zone my older siblings had schooled the parent units on injury severity, so the ER was reserved for compound fractures or spurting blood, everything else was assigned to the "we'll wait a few days and see if it gets better" category.
My mom's from a country family, it was 50/50 whether we were getting sewed up in the ER or at home.