Am I the weirdo?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The stereotype is the husband has to lie and sneak out to go fishing or bowling or drink beer with his buddies so the wife doesn't get mad. Am I the only one who is like, "YES! Gbyehavefunstayaslongasyouwant!"?

Even when I was married to Larry, he'd go golfing with his buddies and I'd be like, "Have fun." He'd call and say, "Hey, we're going to play another nine...." and I'd go, "Okay, have fun!" He said all the other guys would dread calling their wives because it was tough for them to negotiate a release in the first place.

Why? I love having the house to myself. Monello is off on a camping trip with his son and nephew and the first thing I'll do is clean the house so I can be happy all weekend. Then I'll queue up all the shows and movies he groans about. When I don't have him for companionship I go to the beach and drive around exploring, walk around the farmer's markets, watch TV in bed. I'll start getting bored and missing him on Monday, just in time for him to return.

So what am I missing? What is the downside to having a weekend alone?

GregV814

Its widely known and time tested that when a couple "retires" after 40 years and a gold watch, sparks fly. I have certainly taken a few part time jobs for peace and quiet.

Weird?? well, I dont know you that well....but I do have suspicions....LOL

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Since I'm an old guy who has always had a slew of hobbies and recreation interests, some of them pretty expensive, over the last 50 years, I've seen many cringeworthy expressions from husbands and significant others about how they have to beg permission, beg forgiveness, grovel and hide, and just generally feel guilty about doing things in life that they truly enjoy. My reaction is still now as it was then: "What kind of moron marries a woman like that???" What kind of moron stays married to a woman like that???"

mitzi

The stereotype is the husband has to lie and sneak out to go fishing or bowling or drink beer with his buddies so the wife doesn't get mad. Am I the only one who is like, "YES! Gbyehavefunstayaslongasyouwant!"?

I had a best friend who was like that years ago. Her husband and mine were best friends too. One night the guys went to the local topless bar, they told us. No reason to lie as far I'm concerned. She calls me at midnight all upset that they had been there too long. She wanted to me to go with her and get them. I was in bed. There was no way in hell I was going with her to get them to leave. I couldn't believe she actually went thru with it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had a best friend who was like that years ago. Her husband and mine were best friends too. One night the guys went to the local topless bar, they told us. No reason to lie as far I'm concerned. She calls me at midnight all upset that they had been there too long. She wanted to me to go with her and get them. I was in bed. There was no way in hell I was going with her to get them to leave. I couldn't believe she actually went thru with it.
Is that what ruined your friendship?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Since I'm an old guy who has always had a slew of hobbies and recreation interests, some of them pretty expensive, over the last 50 years, I've seen many cringeworthy expressions from husbands and significant others about how they have to beg permission, beg forgiveness, grovel and hide, and just generally feel guilty about doing things in life that they truly enjoy. My reaction is still now as it was then: "What kind of moron marries a woman like that???" What kind of moron stays married to a woman like that???"
Unfortunately on the flip side, when you come back home after days in the shop your wife says, Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my house?!!