Reggie Wayne #2 wr (colts)
John Abraham DE (nyj)
Vanderjagt k (colts)
Brandon Lloyd #2 wr (sf)

oh, and here is the real shocker.....

wait for it......

Terrell Owens. :lmao:

2 words...SALARY CAP

You cannot operate over cap without robbing Peter to pay Paul. The NFL is NOT the USGovt. No deficit spending here and the NFL usually turns a profit. These people try to pass themselves off as knowledgeable. :bigwhoop:

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I don't know what fan wants Owens, he is proved more than once that he is more trouble then he is worth. Yeah we are hurting for another good reciever but there is no way he would work, especially with Gibbs.

Vanderjagt on the other hand would be great cause Jon Hall has a little weak girlie leg but Vanderjagt would have to get rid of that gay stud in his ear for me to root for him, He needs to leave those kinda earings for Chad Johnson and the like.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I dunno 'bout that...

kom526 said:
You cannot operate over cap without robbing Peter to pay Paul. The NFL is NOT the USGovt. No deficit spending here and the NFL usually turns a profit. These people try to pass themselves off as knowledgeable. :bigwhoop:

There's an interesting article today about LaVarr and how his money can be looked at in different ways. The cap is a suggestion. There are so many ways to get around it.

LaVarr will cost $12 mil this coming season if he stays as is or if he is cut or traded. OR his money can be re-labled 'bonus' and count only 5 or so, the rest being spread out over the coming years.

As far as the list, Vandershank? Not a Gibbs guy. Shoots his mouth off.

Wayne? Enticing but another malcontent mouth. Not a Gibbs guy.

Abraham skipped the playoffs a few years ago with an injury that might have threatened his career if it got worse. Sorry about the ouchie there John.

Joe S'alavea 'self' surgeried his toe, digging out some offending tissue to get back on the field. Griffin played hurt down the stretch, Carlos Rogers, a rookie, with the most to lose, played with a torn bi-cep not nearly healed. Shawn Springs played virtually guaranting to make his groin worse. Clinton Portis looked like Larry Brown; run a play or two, get the crap knocked out of you, go to the sidelines for a play or two then back in there.

Lotta people play football. Not all are football players.

Lloyd, I don't know anything about him.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Id like to nominate this guy in the gym yesterday... guy was built like a freakin rock sculpture.... he said he played a lil college ball, but didnt go to a high enough division school to get noticed, and only played 2 years or something like that....

But I think if the Skins pick up another good WR, they should be straight, with Moss, Patten will be back, plus whoever they get...Jacobs will come around.. he's still young, he needs to work on his speed though, or he needs to become a Keyshawn Johnson type and just expect the ball on 3rd down, and expect to get cracked... he plays a little scared I think...

John Hall isnt a bad kicker for the Skins, cause of the way Gibbs coaches, he's more than likely not goin to let some kicker try a 50 plus ever...hahah so why pay some off the wall amount for someone who can "sometimes" kick it that far....Gibbs is a feild position type of coach...he wont give away great feild postion for an "attempt" at a 50yrd feild goal....

I think they need to get rid of Queer Boy Patrick Ramsey... that brings up some money to pay someone else... if Brunnel goes does, give the kid a shot.. lets see what he's got... (Jason Campbell) it seems these younger QB's with a year or two under there belt in the NFL arent doin to bad right now...

JMO

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I think they need to get rid of Queer Boy Patrick Ramsey... that brings up some money to pay someone else... if Brunnel goes [B said:
does[/B], give the kid a shot.. lets see what he's got... (Jason Campbell) it seems these younger QB's with a year or two under there belt in the NFL arent doin to bad right now...

JMO

Down I meant

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We know what you meant...

Softballkid said:
Down I meant

...you only gotta get close around here.

'Queer' boy will be gone and, because you haven't been paying attention, Gibbs is talking strongly about Campell and playing this fall.

Ramsey has to leave town. Too many people stand to lose face when he does well. When he succeeds elsewhere people will say stupid things like 'Well, he was a queer here...wonder what changed?"

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
...you only gotta get close around here.

'Queer' boy will be gone and, because you haven't been paying attention, Gibbs is talking strongly about Campell and playing this fall.

Ramsey has to leave town. Too many people stand to lose face when he does well. When he succeeds elsewhere people will say stupid things like 'Well, he was a queer here...wonder what changed?"

I hadnt heard that yet...IMHO, Ramsey isnt a "bad" QB, but he whines to much, and expects to much for what talent he has....he wont be a bad back up QB for a team, but I dont see him doin well as a starter, not yet atleast...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I haven't heard one instance of whining from Patrick all year. As for Jacobs, he has declining numbers in each of his 3 yrs so far. How much longer and at what cost do keep him to "Come around"?

Brandon Lloyd is a restricted free agent, little bit of a 'tude but SF loves him so he is about to get PAID.

IMHO
Wayne will be too expensive, ESPN insider is reporting that the 'Skins are looking, but then again it's ESPN reporting.

John Abraham is a ME 1st type guy, very good DE but also very expensive. Besides, w/ the NYJ getting a new coach they are not going to let one of their defensive cornerstones leave easily.

Vanderjagt, as stated earlier, mouthy (why do kickers even talk?) and is a ME guy. Famous quote,"Manning doesn't get pumped up for the big games." or "The Colts will never win a championship with Dungy as coach and Manning as qb." Yeah, we want him. :sarcasm:

The free agency period starts in March so all you armchair gm's (me included) get pen, paper, and a drool towel and put your team together. :lmao:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
kom526 said:
I haven't heard one instance of whining from Patrick all year. As for Jacobs, he has declining numbers in each of his 3 yrs so far. How much longer and at what cost do keep him to "Come around"?

Ramsey has already stated he wants to be traded because of the no playing time situation...and he's stated he's unhappy... they were talking about it on the radio a while back, and they even talked about it in a pre game show before...

As for Jacobs.... he's not a # 2 WR, right now he's a #3/4 reciever trying to play a #2 reciever roll, and he's not adept to the NFL system/speed so far, so he will drop in the numbers for now..but when he had the decent #'s, he wasnt the 2 guy...

Otter

Nothing to see here
kom526 said:

Brandon Lloyd is a restricted free agent, little bit of a 'tude but SF loves him so he is about to get PAID.

IMHO
Wayne will be too expensive, ESPN insider is reporting that the 'Skins are looking, but then again it's ESPN reporting.

John Abraham is a ME 1st type guy, very good DE but also very expensive. Besides, w/ the NYJ getting a new coach they are not going to let one of their defensive cornerstones leave easily.

Vanderjagt, as stated earlier, mouthy (why do kickers even talk?) and is a ME guy. Famous quote,"Manning doesn't get pumped up for the big games." or "The Colts will never win a championship with Dungy as coach and Manning as qb." Yeah, we want him. :sarcasm:

The free agency period starts in March so all you armchair gm's (me included) get pen, paper, and a drool towel and put your team together. :lmao:

:confused: You go on and on about ME guys, but one of your 1st posts in this tread is about wanting the ultimate ME guy, TO :confused:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Other 'skins fans are stating the desire to have T.O. not me. :shocked: I didn't bother saying anything about him because what is left to be said. You're right he is the ultimate ME guy.

My offseason wish list:
depth on both lines
solid #2,3 or 4 receiver (need to get Patten back and up to speed to really address the issue)
DE

Hopefully the front office will find a way to keep the majority of the team together and under/at cap.