Amazon Prime Late Deliveries

SamSpade

Have you ever ordered something from Amazon - and you're a Prime subscriber - and your order IS in fact, eligible for Prime two day delivery -

and they didn't - deliver?

I don't mean they failed to get you the product. I mean, they didn't fulfill their promise to deliver in two days.
Or three. Or four. No actually it was like a week and a half. On something you kind of needed to be timely.

Did you EVER get anything but an "We're so sorry"?

Bear in mind the REASON most of JOIN Amazon Prime is free two day shipping. It's not like they slash the cost of things (other than shipping).
I am PAYING them for one thing - getting it to me in two days (or less). That and the free shipping, which I'm paying 100 a year for.

I've had this happen more often than I'd like. I'd like to know who I can complain to against one of the more powerful companies in the country
about their NOT doing what I pay them for. I pay their vendors for product, and I get why I might complain about THEM. But their sole responsibility
is to GET it to me. I want more than 'sorry', if merely a credit for shipping later or a bump in Amazon Rewards.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Customers who spoke with Business Insider said they noticed in recent months that their Amazon shipments were coming later and later. They said that guaranteed delivery times were being missed, that orders were being delayed with little explanation, and that packages were taking longer to get packed and passed off to carriers.

While it seems unlikely that that's true across the board, the perception that Amazon is slowing even for Prime members could be a concern, especially considering the company just raised the price of an annual membership, to $119 from $99, and of the monthly membership, to $12.99 from $10.99. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos recently disclosed that more than 100 million people around the world pay for Prime.

The complaints reveal Prime's limitations and how different the two-day-shipping guarantee is from what some customers perceive it to be.

A common response from Amazon's customer-service Twitter account to customer complaints reiterates Prime's guarantee: Two-day shipping ensures only that customers will get it within two days from the time it's handed over to the carrier, not within two days from the time of ordering, which is often incorrectly assumed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-prime-two-day-shipping-guarantee-confusion-2018-5

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If it's a third party product, Amazon can only ship once the merchant fulfills the order. The two-day shipping is dependent upon that, and when you check out the approx. delivery date will be specified.

I hate to say anything nice about Amazon, but I rarely have a problem with them and when I do it's resolved quickly and easily.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've never had a problem with delivery, other than delays caused by hurricanes, snowstorms, and the like, which they have no control over. But I've always gotten notice my shipment would be delayed. I did just buy a new wreath for my front door from a third party and it arrived three days earlier than they said it would when I ordered it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was expecting a control arm, for my van, it has delayed in Springfield US somewhere ...
I'm guessing VA since it was in Balt. @ 7:02 last night

I still enjoy shopping at Amazon ... the prices were very close to Rock Auto ... but the shipping was Free from Amazon

black dog

Free America
Have you ever ordered something from Amazon - and you're a Prime subscriber - and your order IS in fact, eligible for Prime two day delivery -

I don't mean they failed to get you the product. I mean, they didn't fulfill their promise to deliver in two days.
Or three. Or four. No actually it was like a week and a half. On something you kind of needed to be timely.

Bear in mind the REASON most of JOIN Amazon Prime is free two day shipping. It's not like they slash the cost of things (other than shipping).
I am PAYING them for one thing - getting it to me in two days (or less). That and the free shipping, which I'm paying 100 a year for.

I've had this happen more often than I'd like. I'd like to know who I can complain to against one of the more powerful companies in the country
about their NOT doing what I pay them for. I pay their vendors for product, and I get why I might complain about THEM. But their sole responsibility
is to GET it to me. I want more than 'sorry', if merely a credit for shipping later or a bump in Amazon Rewards.

I Prime A LOT, anytime a package has been more that two days I will call and complain. Every time I have been offered a free month of Prime.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well there'll be a lot of unhappy Prime members this coming week. An Amazon truck & trailer rolled over on I-68 coming down Haystack Mountain Friday around noon. Fortunately the trailer didn't spill its contents.

transporter

So why don't you get off your lazy ass and just go to the store???

SamSpade

We are not as fortunate as you as to live with grams and she does all of your shopping.

This time I pressed to show ignored posts.

What a stupid, stupid, stupid ass. I buy stuff on Amazon when I CAN'T get it at the store. Like a part from the manufacturer to fix the fridge.
Like a hard to find book that's out of print. Like a memory upgrade for my laptop. Like a copy of a childhood record that I haven't seen since
the mid 60's. Like the exact shape of pool cover I need for this fall. Like extra small shin guards that the sporting goods stores and WalMart doesn't carry. Like a large bag of Handi-Wipes which cost a fraction of the overpriced crap at the store.

I mean, damn, if it was at the store, why WOULDN'T I get off my "lazy ass" and go? What kind of person wouldn't want to see what they're buying first?

And I say stupid ass because only an ignorant son of a bitch would jump to the conclusion that Amazon is my first line of attack.

This time I pressed to show ignored posts.

What a stupid, stupid, stupid ass. I buy stuff on Amazon when I CAN'T get it at the store. Like a part from the manufacturer to fix the fridge.
Like a hard to find book that's out of print. Like a memory upgrade for my laptop. Like a copy of a childhood record that I haven't seen since
the mid 60's. Like the exact shape of pool cover I need for this fall. Like extra small shin guards that the sporting goods stores and WalMart doesn't carry. Like a large bag of Handi-Wipes which cost a fraction of the overpriced crap at the store.

I mean, damn, if it was at the store, why WOULDN'T I get off my "lazy ass" and go? What kind of person wouldn't want to see what they're buying first?

And I say stupid ass because only an ignorant son of a bitch would jump to the conclusion that Amazon is my first line of attack.
I've been finding more and more lately, I need something, pretty sure I know where to find it, head to the store, and spend the next 2-3 hours jumping from store to store only to head home and order online whatever it was I couldn't find at the store. I give the local stores first shot, but it's a losing battle.

Grumpy

I've been finding more and more lately, I need something, pretty sure I know where to find it, head to the store, and spend the next 2-3 hours jumping from store to store only to head home and order online whatever it was I couldn't find at the store. I give the local stores first shot, but it's a losing battle.
Local stores need to up their game. I can't count the times when I have checked online for a product locally and find that 'local' store has 5 or more in stock. I go to the local store and they don't have it in stock but they can order it...duh..I don't need it in 2,3 days, I need it now and I don't care if it is 10% higher than Amazon. If they are going to have a website up, it needs to be accurate.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Local stores need to up their game. I can't count the times when I have checked online for a product locally and find that 'local' store has 5 or more in stock. I go to the local store and they don't have it in stock but they can order it...duh..I don't need it in 2,3 days, I need it now and I don't care if it is 10% higher than Amazon. If they are going to have a website up, it needs to be accurate.

I understand your frustration, but...the internet has changed our lives, forever. Me and hub hang in and buy local; even if it means paying a bit more. I have said before that this forum is my only connection to the internet. Social media has been detrimental to our existence. It should be called unsocial media.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Like a part from the manufacturer to fix the fridge. Like a hard to find book that's out of print. Like a memory upgrade for my laptop. Like a copy of a childhood record that I haven't seen since the mid 60's. Like the exact shape of pool cover I need for this fall.

I used to some of this stuff off of FleaBay .. now Amazon the mostly go to.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
For some reason eBay just seems to have a lot more fly by night unreliable vendors. I am not sure why.

yeah ... back in the early 2000's eBay was the crap ...

you wanted that cool item from your childhood, a vw part hard to come by, an antique book or old Role Playing Game Module ...maybe an old Mac or Commodore Computer

Now every old computer or RPG is Super ' RARE ' and people want a small fortune for one ...

Hannibal

Amazon is the go to. And I have noticed a lot of Prime deals aren't guaranteed to your door in two days (which differs from what I feel is Amazon's intent in terms of public perception). And where it has tripped me up before, I now pay particular attention to the estimated delivery dates when I shop a product. And when those products don't show in two days, a quick call to Customer Service has resulted in some level of discounts.

A recent example is where I bought my wife several summer dresses for a get-a-away we had coming up. I ordered them on Tuesday with a guaranteed delivery by Thursday. We were leaving Friday morning. In tracking the package, I realized it wasn't going to happen so I called about my options. They first said their part about "Two days doesn't mean two days" to which I told them I had a screen shot of the order guaranteeing the date (in two days). I told them getting it Friday did me no good given our situation. They gave me the option of a full refund (and they'd cancel the order) or to accept it and receive a 50% credit. I chose the latter and thought that was extremely fair.