Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,

sheila19621

On July 4, Amazon spammed its customers with advertisement of Norman Finkelstein's virulently anti-Semitic book, Image and Reality of the Israeli-Palestine Conflict. On May 30, Amazon similarly advertised Beyond Chutzpah: on the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History. I have never received any other ad from Amazon.On April 4, in an unprecedented move, Amazon deleted all reviews of Obadiah Shoher's Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict. A few days later, Amazon forced its subsidiary Booksurge to terminate publishing contract with Shoher whose book is now available for download from www.samsonblinded.info . Google earlier banned advertising of the Samson Blinded for "unacceptable content." Shoher, indeed, is pro-Israeli, yet realistic and critical of Israeli policies.Obadiah Shoher, an anonymous politician, abandons myths and moralizing in favor of realpolitik. He argues for raw efficiency of antiterrorist operations and shedding liberal idealism. Shoher asks inconvenient questions and gives honest answers. Amazon does not like that. Anti-Semitic lampoons by Norman Finkelstein are more to Amazon's taste.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not surprised. You should see the way they let their "reviewers" run amok. When Mary Cheney came out with her book, THE DAY it was released there were dozens of "reviews" calling her a skank, a whore and a bunch of other things I can't repeat on here. Not really a book review, if you ask me, especially since they couldn't possibly have had time to read it.

I wrote them a nastygram letting them know what I thought of this practice and haven't been back since. Buy.com has cheaper prices and faster shipping anyway.

You'll also notice that their "Amazon.com Reviews" of books (not from users, but directly from Amazon itself) are completely Left biased. They also kept trying to push Al Franken books and other liberal crap in my "recommendations" even though my political book choices run decidedly conservative and there's no reason for them to think I might be interested in what Michael Moore has to say.

So I'm done with Amazon. :boo:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
sheila19621 said:
On July 4, Amazon spammed its customers with advertisement of Norman Finkelstein's virulently anti-Semitic book...
I received an e-mail like this a few months ago. Because it was so odd and unlike everything else Amazon had sent me, I suspected the sender had gathered my address via phishing, and I reported it as such.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
hvp05 said:
I suspected the sender had gathered my address via phishing, and I reported it as such.
It probably was, but I wouldn't be surprised one little bit if they actually sent it. As posted above, I've had my own experiences with Amazion.