Amazon Workers Are Rejecting Joining a Union by a Decisive Margin

PeoplesElbow

Its just a question, im curious with a few strong opinions here if any have actually worked for a union thats worth something. Its looking like no one.
I was in the worthless SEIU, my dad was a long time member of the AFGWU ( later merged with steelworkers), a local president of two different locals (5 and 142), and national representative in contract negotiations.

PeoplesElbow

One of my coworkers worked at an amazon warehouse, he said the break policies weren't that bad except the warehouses are so big by the time you run to pee and get back your break is over and because time off your feet is so valuable that is why people pee in bottles.

black dog

Free America
I was in the worthless SEIU, my dad was a long time member of the AFGWU ( later merged with steelworkers), a local president of two different locals (5 and 142), and national representative in contract negotiations.

Your dad was in a good union, myself a Elevator Constructor, father inlaw and and four of his children were and are international union law attorneys.

PeoplesElbow

Your dad was in a good union, myself a Elevator Constructor, father inlaw and and four of his children were and are international union law attorneys.
As a kid I loved going along to the conventions, now I have a ton of special convention only glassware that the different locals brought. Sadly the glass industry in the US is almost nonexistent any more.

black dog

Free America
Yes it is sad, Ball Glass is all but shut down in Muncie but the Lapel Indiana Owens Brockway Glass is still running strong and are Steel and a few Union Ironworkers working the plant.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Stop the Steal? Organized Labor Can't Accept Loss in Amazon Unionization Election.

Once the votes were counted, the size of the RWDSU's defeat became apparent—the union lost by more than 1,000 votes in an election in which 3,215 votes were cast. This wasn't a narrow defeat that left the will of the voters somewhat inconclusive. It was a thorough rout.
Unless you were on the losing side, of course.

"We won't let Amazon's lies, deception, and illegal activities go unchallenged, which is why we are formally filing charges against all of the egregious and blatantly illegal actions taken by Amazon during the union vote," RWDSU chief Stuart Applebaum said in a statement shortly after the vote was finalized. The union plans to appeal to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).

While the (union) president raged and threatened lawsuits, his supporters in the media lobbed accusations of voter fraud and other conspiracy theories.

"How do more than 2,000 workers sign union cards at Amazon's Alabama plant but only 700 vote yes? And why did only half of workers vote when 3/4 normally vote in such elections? Try examining employer intimidation," tweeted Juan Gonzalez, co-host of the progressive radio show Democracy Now.

WingsOfGold

Don't like your job... quit and start your own company and let the union goons dictate how to run you're business.
I detest unions with few exceptions such as police and a few others.

phreddyp

Stop the Steal? Organized Labor Can't Accept Loss in Amazon Unionization Election.

Once the votes were counted, the size of the RWDSU's defeat became apparent—the union lost by more than 1,000 votes in an election in which 3,215 votes were cast. This wasn't a narrow defeat that left the will of the voters somewhat inconclusive. It was a thorough rout.
Unless you were on the losing side, of course.

"We won't let Amazon's lies, deception, and illegal activities go unchallenged, which is why we are formally filing charges against all of the egregious and blatantly illegal actions taken by Amazon during the union vote," RWDSU chief Stuart Applebaum said in a statement shortly after the vote was finalized. The union plans to appeal to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).

While the (union) president raged and threatened lawsuits, his supporters in the media lobbed accusations of voter fraud and other conspiracy theories.

"How do more than 2,000 workers sign union cards at Amazon's Alabama plant but only 700 vote yes? And why did only half of workers vote when 3/4 normally vote in such elections? Try examining employer intimidation," tweeted Juan Gonzalez, co-host of the progressive radio show Democracy Now.

Because they knew which side their bread was buttered on and that Amazon would shut down that facility and move to a place where the jobs they provide would be cherished .