Ambulance Association Supports Tax Increase for Second, Ninth Districts

officeguy

But back to my original thought, why do taxpayers pay to have reception halls?

The proposed building for the 2nd district doesn't include a social hall.

One reason for the hall is that rentals (and bingo or poker) contribute to the finances of the company and reduce the reliance on tax funding.

Apart from the primary emergency services function of the station, the hall is probably one of the main community benefits of a fire station. Outlying stations in career departments are often a small two-bay structure with minimal living quarters for the crew. No community benefit beyond the fact that it happens to house an engine and ambulance to respond to calls.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Ah, I was thinking the big kwanza hut buildings.

But back to my original thought, why do taxpayers pay to have reception halls?

I dont know why, I'm going to guess that it is a Volunteer Fire Dept thing. Growing up in Bethesda we had paid fireman, and the departments did not have rental halls that I know of.
Nor do the paid fire depts in the county I live in in Indiana. Our city has a rental hall and so does the senior center. Most folks rent the hall at the Elks or the Eagles Lodge for a nicer place.
Our Elks and Eagles is a little nicer than Mechanicsville's Moose Lodge.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You do understand that under the constitution of this country, people have the right to band together to 'seek redress of grievances' and to lobby their elected officials for whatever lawful cause they choose. There is no requirement for an organization to have a formal corporate structure or registration. The ambulance and rescue association is just as legit as the 'citizens committee' opposing the station. If you want St Marys County to move to a full time paid fire and EMS system, feel free to get blackdog and whoever else wants to join you to form the 'St Marys county committee for sky-high taxes and union bull#### (SMCCFSHUB)' and get to work.

I have no problem whatsoever for people of like mind to associate and organize. The problem I have is when an association is formed that is made to appear as an independent body when that body is comprised of another official body, in this case as members of the Volunteer Fire and EMS Services. Then used as a mouthpiece to further a cause for their benefit under the guise that they are separate from the affected group seeking change or status. Talk about Multiple Personality Disorder. Rather a true steelman in play here?

black dog

Free America
The proposed building for the 2nd district doesn't include a social hall.

One reason for the hall is that rentals (and bingo or poker) contribute to the finances of the company and reduce the reliance on tax funding.

Apart from the primary emergency services function of the station, the hall is probably one of the main community benefits of a fire station. Outlying stations in career departments are often a small two-bay structure with minimal living quarters for the crew. No community benefit beyond the fact that it happens to house an engine and ambulance to respond to calls.

We have charity gaming at our Eagles, We have Bingo twice a week along with pull tabs and tip boards. We gross anywhere from 25 to 30 thousand a month just on Bingo.
Our building was built as a roller skating rink back in the 50's. Its a huge Quonset hut like building. We couldn't pay the utility's without charity gaming.

Edit.. a month not a week.

Last edited:

Hijinx

I dont know why, I'm going to guess that it is a Volunteer Fire Dept thing. Growing up in Bethesda we had paid fireman, and the departments did not have rental halls that I know of.
Nor do the paid fire depts in the county I live in in Indiana. Our city has a rental hall and so does the senior center. Most folks rent the hall at the Elks or the Eagles Lodge for a nicer place.
Our Elks and Eagles is a little nicer than Mechanicsville's Moose Lodge.

Gee: and I always thought Bethesda Chevy-Chase Rescue squad was Volunteer. I think it still is. Google it.

Hijinx

Spiteful little mofos, aren't they?

another reason I won't support an extra thin dime for those socially-challenged misfits.

Too bad these Social Misfits may show up for a fire at your place one day and I am pretty sure you will be glad to see them.

I see there isn't much support for the Volunteers in here. That;s too bad, but the new Firehouse will be built and the tax will be raised.

black dog

Free America
Gee: and I always thought Bethesda Chevy-Chase Rescue squad was Volunteer. I think it still is. Google it.

Gee, Smarta$$ I know it well, more than one friend I grew up with volunteered there.
I believe it was the first Rescue Squad in the country.
BUT....It's a rescue squad, they don't have ladder trucks, Trucks full of water hose and tankers full of water. The Squad’s fleet consists of 7 ambulance/medic units, 2 heavy rescue squads, 1 medic chase car, as well as utility and command vehicles.
Bethesda has a paid Dept on Wisconsin Ave and Old Georgetown Rd & Cedar La.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Too bad these Social Misfits may show up for a fire at your place one day and I am pretty sure you will be glad to see them.

I see there isn't much support for the Volunteers in here. That;s too bad, but the new Firehouse will be built and the tax will be raised.

They showed twice in the same night, you moron..and we watched our home, with over 200 years of heirlooms and history inside, burn to a crisp with less water ever put on it than I could piss. So, #######, explain to me how the new building will make it a better department.

Explain why the spoiled misfits decided that no community space would be included in their new castle. Or why they have not answered one question put to them by this community

Last edited:

Hijinx

Gee, Smarta$$ I know it well, more than one friend I grew up with volunteered there.
I believe it was the first Rescue Squad in the country.
BUT....It's a rescue squad, they don't have ladder trucks, Trucks full of water hose and tankers full of water. The Squad’s fleet consists of 7 ambulance/medic units, 2 heavy rescue squads, 1 medic chase car, as well as utility and command vehicles.
Bethesda has a paid Dept on Wisconsin Ave and Old Georgetown Rd & Cedar La.

Gee: And we have Volunteer Rescue Squads too. Many of them are not affiliated with the Fire truck, hoses Trucks full of water and ladders.
A little like BCC. Only not as rich.

black dog

Free America
They showed twice in the same night, you moron..and we watched our home, with over 200 years of heirlooms and history inside, burn to a crisp with less water ever put on it than I could piss. So, #######, explain to me how the new building will make it a better department.

Explain why the spoiled misfits decided that no community space would be included in their new castle. Or why they have not answered one question put to them by this community

I watched Mrs Morgan's house get gutted while 20 men F'ed around with trying to hook up a 6" manifold of the pumper parked 100 ft from her house on Tojos boat ramp., instead of just running a 2" hose and put the kitchen stove out..
Sat there on my 4 wheeler and watched the Fubar unfold.

black dog

Free America
Gee: And we have Volunteer Rescue Squads too. Many of them are not affiliated with the Fire truck, hoses Trucks full of water and ladders.
A little like BCC. Only not as rich.

The topic is fire departments,, you were the one that tried and failed trying to make a point about BCC rescue squad...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I watched Mrs Morgan's house get gutted while 20 men F'ed around with trying to hook up a 6" manifold of the pumper parked 100 ft from her house on Tojos boat ramp., instead of just running a 2" hose and put the kitchen stove out..
Sat there on my 4 wheeler and watched the Fubar unfold.

We had a veritable convention of men and equipment.. They saved the concrete steps and the fuel oil tank

Hijinx

Why don't you ask them. You live there I don't. I saw on the news that 12 people died and 23 were injured in a New York City Fire and New York has 198 engine companies and were on the scene in a few minutes, Over 200 Professional spoiled misfits on the NYFD were at the fire and one was injured.
12 people dead and 23 inured in a major city with a professional Fire dept minutes away,people around to call it in and you want me to explain why your place burned down when Firefighters had to get out of their bed, don their protective equipment and drive 8 miles to get on an Island and save your home when we don't even know how advanced the fire was before you called it in. It sounds like you had a rekindle, and that's something every Fire dept hates and fears, But it does happen .

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why don't you ask them. .
You are the uninformed moron that spouted off nonsense. I, on the other hand, watched them show up at 1130 and again three hours later, totally unable to deal with the fire.

At all. With all that equipment.and boy howdy did they know immediately what was going on when they came back the second time.,

So..back to the question that gang refuses to answer to anyone....how exactly is the new castle going to improve services?

Last edited:

Hijinx

We had a veritable convention of men and equipment.. They saved the concrete steps and the fuel oil tank

If you and Black Dog are so unhappy why don't you join and try to make it better. Or would you rather cry.
Maybe Starman and Sappy are right. You are just a bull####ter who gets off on calling others morons while you are no Einstein yourself.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you and Black Dog are so unhappy why don't you join and try to make it better. Or would you rather cry.
Maybe Starman and Sappy are right. You are just a bull####ter who gets off on calling others morons while you are no Einstein yourself.
You poor clueless bastard...if you only had even the tiniest clue of the extent I've supported local fire and rescue over the last 40 years. You truly are a moron.

Hijinx

No sense in my arguing with you two genius's
You know it all.

Did you put sprinklers in you new home when you rebuilt?

Hijinx

You poor clueless bastard...if you only had even the tiniest clue of the extent I've supported local fire and rescue over the last 40 years. You truly are a moron.

Yes I can tell from your Posts. You are definitely a supporter.