Ambulance Association Supports Tax Increase for Second, Ninth Districts

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Too bad these Social Misfits may show up for a fire at your place one day and I am pretty sure you will be glad to see them.

I see there isn't much support for the Volunteers in here. That;s too bad, but the new Firehouse will be built and the tax will be raised.

No one at my VFD..tonight..by the time someone sees my house is on fire, to the time the call goes out, to the time they may or not show up my house is gone....but we have a pretty place with lots of equipment that most do not know how to use...

Hijinx

No one at my VFD..tonight..by the time someone sees my house is on fire, to the time the call goes out, to the time they may or not show up my house is gone....but we have a pretty place with lots of equipment that most do not know how to use...

You want people in that station 24/7 Pay them,.
You get what you pay for.

By the way you pay the Police. How long does it take them to get to your place?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You want people in that station 24/7 Pay them,.
You get what you pay for.

By the way you pay the Police. How long does it take them to get to your place?
..,about 40 minutes...but I’m well armed. No fire hose

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The point is, I pay over $2,000 a year for fire protection...I don’t see a return on my investment

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Ah, I was thinking the big kwanza hut buildings.

But back to my original thought, why do taxpayers pay to have reception halls?

It's Quonset hut. Big difference, one's Indian (Iroquois) and the other is kind of African sounding.

officeguy

Gee, Smarta$$ I know it well, more than one friend I grew up with volunteered there.
I believe it was the first Rescue Squad in the country.
BUT....It's a rescue squad, they don't have ladder trucks, Trucks full of water hose and tankers full of water. The Squad’s fleet consists of 7 ambulance/medic units, 2 heavy rescue squads, 1 medic chase car, as well as utility and command vehicles.
Bethesda has a paid Dept on Wisconsin Ave and Old Georgetown Rd & Cedar La.

Montgomery county is a combination department. Depending on the station and the time of day, crews may be all career, all volunteer and everything in between.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lol... Because you know what I do or don't do for the townships I own property in..
:lmao:

Or all the donations made and custom equipment mods my company has done, especially for 7D.But also for 2nd and Ridge. The hydraulic mast rotators for the fire boats...for example. Or the diesel powered hydraulic system we designed and installed ...and so on...

Last edited:

Hijinx

..,about 40 minutes...but I’m well armed. No fire hose

If you drain your hose outside and keep it close to the spigot instead of letting it sit there full of water and freeze on the clod nights you will have a source to put out a small fire.
I know mine is ready for use. The same as my firearms.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
If you drain your hose outside and keep it close to the spigot instead of letting it sit there full of water and freeze on the clod nights you will have a source to put out a small fire.
I know mine is ready for use. The same as my firearms.

Like pissing in the wind....