AMC Theatres Unveils Plans to Reopen During Coronavirus

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AMC will not mandate that all guests wear masks, although employees will be required to do so. Nor will AMC perform temperature checks on customers, though it will monitor its employees’ temperatures and have them undergo screenings to check for signs of coronavirus. The situation will be different in states and cities that require residents to wear a mask when they’re in public, but Aron said that AMC was wary of wading into a public health issue that has become politicized.

“We did not want to be drawn into a political controversy,” said Aron. “We thought it might be counterproductive if we forced mask wearing on those people who believe strongly that it is not necessary. We think that the vast majority of AMC guests will be wearing masks. When I go to an AMC feature, I will certainly be wearing a mask and leading by example.”

AMC will also sell masks for a dollar to guests who forgot to bring one. Both Cinemark and Regal are encouraging guests to wear masks, but not requiring it in states and areas where it is not mandated.

As it worked to establish and implement new procedures, AMC partnered with The Clorox Company, and current and former faculty of Harvard University’s School of Public Health. On their advice, the theater chain said that it is going to lean heavily on technological solutions such as deploying electrostatic sprayers, HEPA vacuums and upgraded MERV 13 ventilation filters, which would eliminate airborne particles and reduce the chance that COVID-19 will spread.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/amc-coronavirus-movie-theaters-covid-19-1234642047/

Here Here

if you are that scared STAY HOME

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
All these places "mandating" masks and other fear-mongering requirements are going to have to do with a third of their regular business because people are not going to keep doing this bull####.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When did that happen?

Capt Marvel

Thor / Spider Man / Iron Man are going female ..... just because

Really Natile Portman is going to be Thor ?

New Queen of Asgard is a Lesbian .. just because .... no real story reason, just because

You're giving up the Black Widow movie? Who am I going to argue with?

Oh is Black Widow still coming to the theater

stgislander

PREMO Member
Really Natalie Portman is going to be Thor ?
Not unprecedented. See The Mighty Thor, Volume 1: Thunder in Her Veins (2015).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AMC reverses course, will require guests to wear masks at its theaters

AMC reversed course on a controversial policy on Friday, saying it will now require all patrons at its movie theaters to wear face masks in an effort to quell the spread of the coronavirus.

Initially, AMC had decided that masks would be optional, saying the decision not to require masks was made in an effort to avoid politics.

“We did not want to be drawn into a political controversy,” Adam Aron, CEO of AMC, told Variety Thursday. “We thought it might be counterproductive if we forced mask wearing on those people who believe strongly that it is not necessary. We think that the vast majority of AMC guests will be wearing masks. When I go to an AMC feature, I will certainly be wearing a mask and leading by example.”

Aron’s statement caused a stir on social media.

“It’s a public health crisis, not a political opinion,” one Twitter user posted.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And now they've delayed reopening for another two weeks until July 30th.

AMC Theaters, the nation’s largest chain, is pushing back its plans to begin reopening theaters by two weeks following the closure because of COVID-19. The company said Monday that it would open approximately 450 U.S. locations on July 30 and the remaining 150 the following week.

The company had planned to begin opening theaters in mid-July, but last week the July theatrical release calendar was effectively wiped clean when Disney and Warner Bros. decided to delay the releases of “Mulan” and “Tenet” to August dates.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/amc-pus...A6CxDkxmPmGSvAo6d3jY8JATwSIHmbtNy2h1mO_9j6Jlc

Hijinx

Fear has nothing to do with my going.
The pictures aren't worth the price and I don't like making Hollywood freaks rich.