America 'unrecognizable' and on the brink of collapse, experts warn: 'Turning on our own legacy'

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
With skyrocketing inflation, political division, social unrest and a relentless effort to wipe away the fundamental principles of the nation, historians and scholars in Fox Nation's "American Requiem" series offer an elegy for what the country used to be and warn of what it has become.

"The America of the 1980s has pretty much vanished," Manhattan Institute senior fellow Chris Rufo said. "We're now entering a new period of unprecedented economic, social and cultural change."

"We're in a very bizarre and unprecedented situation in our civilization today, which is – we are turning on our own legacy and declaring it evil, oppressive, without any redeeming characteristics…" Manhattan Institute senior fellow Heather MacDonald said in the special.

"There's [sic] some days I wake up and read the news and look around me and say, ‘I don’t recognize this country anymore.'" Steven Hayward, a resident scholar at the University of California, Berkley added.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Unless there is a correction soon, many younger folks will be eternally priced out of the home ownership market. I think that would have disastrous consequences for the nation.

Instead of forgiving student loans, I'd rather see something along the lines of the VA loan guarantee for all first time, lower income home purchasers.

Hijinx

Unless there is a correction soon, many younger folks will be eternally priced out of the home ownership market. I think that would have disastrous consequences for the nation.

Instead of forgiving student loans, I'd rather see something along the lines of the VA loan guarantee for all first time, lower income home purchasers.
I am not seeing that. I see young people buying homes that cost 2 to 3 hundred thousand dollars, they make more money to start than i made when I retired. They buy new cars with $500 dollars a month payments. Payments for up to 7 years now.
I see runaway inflation making this impossible in a few short years and a decision having to be made between house payments and food, but right now , young people aren't doing too badly. I see us old folks who retired getting eaten up by high prices. Our savings don't amount to crap when we are earning 0.05% in interest. Or even if we luck out and find something at 3% with inflation at 8% we are losing 5% every day.

The sad thing is that it is just getting started soon fuel will rise again, so will food and we will have to buy an electric stove and an electric car we can't afford and install solar panels on our roofs at high prices. They want us to eat bugs, abort kids and hate each other. and welcome in more illegals who we will have to support.