American cheese

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's flavorful, it's melty, it comes in pre-wrapped slices -

naaa....that can't be cheese.

One of the things I love about living and working in Norway is the cheese...always set on the table as a block, with a knife or wire slicer.

Clem72

I don't care what anyone says, this is the perfect cheese for pretty much everything except Italian food. I tried to be a grownup over the years and pretend Swiss and Cheddar and Brie and whatever were preferred cheeses, but damn it I'm 58 years old now and I will pose no longer.

It's flavorful, it's melty, it comes in pre-wrapped slices - there is nothing not to like about American cheese.

Keep your fansy gourmet grilled cheese sammiches, American is the only true grilled cheese cheese.

So there.

If you like it, that's great. But those are weird "grown up" cheeses you picked. Properly aged chedder is good, dont worry about the "sharpness" as that basically BS. There is good cheddar made in the US, but it's hard to tell the difference from the packaging. If it's made in england on the other hand, it's probably good by default. Try the crocodile stuff, it's good.

Instead of Swiss, use provolone on a sandwich. Ignore Brie unless you having it with chutney on a cracker. Mozzarella is great on more than just pizza.

And fresh grated Parmesan is good. The stuff you buy in the can from the store is half wood pulp (seriously, read the back for "cellulose" and anti-clumping filler.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is that the brown cheese on the continental breakfast buffet?
No...yr thinking of geitost, the lovely semi-sweet cheese made from goats milk. gamelost is the tanish-brown ultra-stinky cheese that is difficult to get within 3 feet of. You see "for sale" signs for it throughout the countryside when its in season. It stinks going in, burns going down, and is explosive leaving. Great stuff.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No...yr thinking of geitost, the lovely semi-sweet cheese made from goats milk. gamelost is the tanish-brown ultra-stinky cheese that is difficult to get within 3 feet of. You see "for sale" signs for it throughout the countryside when its in season. It stinks going in, burns going down, and is explosive leaving. Great stuff.
Sounds like home-made beer.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sounds like home-made beer.
BTW...I was watching Despicable Me last night and had completely forgotten that his "dog" was named Kyle. My wife musta thought I'd lost my mind when I almost fell on the floor laughing at the congruity.

Despicable-me3722.jpg