American Idol/love songs

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
No real stand-outs for me, except for Chris, of course. I agreed with most of the judges, except I thought they were a little rough on Taylor. I am curious to see who goes tonight. Paula's moods are very strange, I did not get the crying thing. Maybe it is because I am not an Elliot fan.

Jameo

What?!
I do believe one of the ladies will be going home tonight (Hopefully Kelly, but her fan base is so huge, it's really hard to say) Chris and Elliot were freakin AWESOME last night!!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I missed it. :frown: I did see Elliott but I couldn't hear him, although I heard the judges. Anyone got a rundown of who sang what and how they did?

Tina2001aniT

Jameo said:
I do believe one of the ladies will be going home tonight (Hopefully Kelly, but her fan base is so huge, it's really hard to say) Chris and Elliot were freakin AWESOME last night!!!

I have to agree, I think it will be a lady, and SHOULD be Kelly......
I also really liked Taylor last night, thought he was great......

Abby

Abby
Paula must have been hitting the Vicodin bottle last night. :coffee:

Why do they have to compare the contestants with the singers that made their songs hits? Is no one allowed to sing Whitney Houston songs ever again? (not that I'd mind, but it's still not fair to them)

Jameo

What?!
cattitude said:
I missed it. :frown: I did see Elliott but I couldn't hear him, although I heard the judges. Anyone got a rundown of who sang what and how they did?

Katherine (she did a Whitney Houston song) and Kelly(unchained melody, I think) picked songs that were WAY to big for them :boo: Same with Paris, not very good. Chris and Elliot :yay: :yay: :yay: I missed most of Taylor performance, but what I saw, I wasn't to impressed with it :ohwell:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
cattitude said:
Katherine-I have nothing? by Whitney Houston-song was a little big for her
Paris-Memories by Barbara Streisand, she oversang it
Elliot-A song by an unknown I have never heard of, he was okay
Chris-Bryan Adams, Have you ever loved a woman-excellent
Kelly-Unchained Melody, the LeAnne Rimes version, did not do well
Taylor-James Ingram-I forgot the song, but he did well

justbeachy

can be a real beach
Kelly should not have picked Unchained Melody. Thats about my favorite song of all time and she slaughtered it. Bye bye Kelly. Everone else did ok I think.

dreamland

I think Katherine did a wonderful job. I was really surprised when the judges didn't like her. Kellie was horrible....I'm hoping for her or Paris to go home. I'm not a big fan of Elliot either....so I wouldn't mind seeing him gone either.

Jameo

What?!
dreamland said:
I think Katherine did a wonderful job. I was really surprised when the judges didn't like her. Kellie was horrible....I'm hoping for her or Paris to go home. I'm not a big fan of Elliot either....so I wouldn't mind seeing him gone either.

You must be tone deaf like Dems :lmao: Katherine was terrible. She was all over the place with that song. :boo:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Said it before and I'll say it again...."It is Chris's to lose" I'm a guy but he is very talented....His voice has a unique sound to it....I like Kellie, but her time has come....I really think it'll come down to Chris and Katherine with Chris coming out on top...Katherine almost had a wardrobe malfuntion.... :yikes:

Toxick

Splat
cattitude said:
Anyone got a rundown of who sang what and how they did?

In my opionion: In order from top to bottom :
(Name: song - original artist: rating 1-10)

1) Elliot: "A Song For You" - Donny Hathaway: 9
2) Chris: "Have you ever really loved a woman" - Bryan Adams: 8
3) Paris: "The Way We Were" - Barbara Streisand: 6
4) Catherine: "I have Nothing" - Whitney Houston: 6
5) Taylor: "Just Once" - James Ingram: 4
6) Kellie: "Unchained Melody" - Leanne Rimes: 2