American Idol

Toxick

Splat
GeezLouise said:
Mandisa went home last night! :mad:

That was a shocker. I never saw that coming. My prediction was that the last two standing would be Chris and Mandisa.

The only good thing that can be said about it, is that everyone left does deserve to be there. There are no Chicken Littles or John Stevenses or Jasmine Triases who manage to stay around while much more talented people get dropped.

Personally, I think that Taylor had the worst showing on Tuesday, and then Paris - while Mandisa was in the top three. She should not be gone.

At least her first album will come out a little sooner now.

Geek

Toxick said:
That was a shocker. I never saw that coming. My prediction was that the last two standing would be Chris and Mandisa.

The only good thing that can be said about it, is that everyone left does deserve to be there. There are no Chicken Littles or John Stevenses or Jasmine Triases who manage to stay around while much more talented people get dropped.

Personally, I think that Taylor had the worst showing on Tuesday, and then Paris - while Mandisa was in the top three. She should not be gone.

At least her first album will come out a little sooner now.

I think Mandisa has a wonderful voice. Remember Scott Savol (sp)? I was so frustrated when he kept making it. Everyone now is so good I don't want to to see anyone leave.

Toxick

Splat
Geek said:
I think Mandisa has a wonderful voice. Remember Scott Savol (sp)? I was so frustrated when he kept making it. Everyone now is so good I don't want to to see anyone leave.

Yes, I remember the "Round Mound of Sound". Every week, I waited for Seacrest to say those words, "Scott! You had the lowest number of votes. We're sorry, but your journey ends tonight."

I think this is the first year where all top 10 people deserved to be there. Even Lisa from last week at least wasn't out of place in the top 10 - and Mandisa definitely should have been around for another few weeks.

In fact, I think that Chicken Little was the only one in the top 12 who shouldn't have been allowed near a stage.

I'm actually looking forward to the "Queen" show next week. I hope they shy away from the "Bohemain Rhapsody" and "We are the Champions" - they're way played out - but I'm looking forward to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "Fat-Bottom Girls!"

I just hope that they all take a risk and do something cool and crazy. Even Queen's simplest songs are going to be hard to hit right on, so I hope they try something different.

I hope Ace sings "Bicycle" :lmao:

Geek

They might as well call it "Ace week". Queen is amazing and had such a variety of songs I think it will be good :yay: Little worried for Paris, Bucky and Taylor. I am listening to Taylor's cd right now and I just can't put a queen song on him. I think Chris would knock BR out of the park. I remember when Consintine nailed it last year :yay: I hate when they cut the song in half though :tantrum

Toxick

Splat
Geek said:
They might as well call it "Ace week".

Only if he sings "Bicycle". I was half-kidding before, but the more I think about it, the more I think it'll guarantee him another week.

He could do it.

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like!

Bonus points if he does a little dance while he sings that part.

Geek said:
Queen is amazing and had such a variety of songs I think it will be good :yay: Little worried for Paris, Bucky and Taylor. I am listening to Taylor's cd right now and I just can't put a queen song on him.

I can see Taylor doing "Crazy little thing called love". He can even do that snapping, dancing thing that he likes to do with that one.

Paris should do: "I wanna break free", I think she can pull that one off nicely.

Bucky: "Keep Yourself Alive".

Yeah baby!

Geek said:
I think Chris would knock BR out of the park.

I'm thinking Chris is going to do "Another one bites the dust" or "Tie your momma down!"

The girls are probably going to do cute ones like, "Youre my best friend" or "Pressure".

Nobody's got the cahoonies to try "Flash" :lmao:

cdsulhoff

OK well there are 8 left and I am sitting here trying to figure out what songs each are going to pick.. My hubby and I are in a game this week with this one... We love Queen..

cdsulhoff

1) Bucky - Fat girl bottom
2)Taylor- Crazy little called loved
3) Katharine - Somebody to loved
4) Elliot- under pressure/ or Great Pretender
5)Ace - Killer Queen
6) Chris - The invisible Man/ or One Vision.
Those are my picks I hope I do not lose to my husband. I think I made a bet that I do not want to cash in. LOL

cdsulhoff

cdsulhoff said:
1) Bucky - Fat girl bottom
2)Taylor- Crazy little called loved
3) Katharine - Somebody to loved
4) Elliot- under pressure/ or Great Pretender
5)Ace - Killer Queen
6) Chris - The invisible Man/ or One Vision.
Those are my picks I hope I do not lose to my husband. I think I made a bet that I do not want to cash in. LOL

I forgot
Paris - She will do we are the Champion
And
Kellie - the show must go on