Americans’ Pre-Election Gun Buying Binge Helps Ruger’s Profit Jump Over 500%

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sturm, Ruger’s revenue was up 53% in its most recent fiscal quarter and earnings jumped more than 500%. It seems that Americans are well aware of societal factors making everyday life less safe and are extremely eager to ensure they’re well equipped to protect themselves and their families.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ruger and well equipped should never be put in the same sentence...
Not a fan, eh? My brother has a P95 that shoots well, but it took numerous sessions with jewelers files, polishing paper etc to get the feed to be reliable. It was a real "jam-o-matic" out of the box.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Personally I love mine. Especially the .357s. Held up to decades of hot handloads better than any Smith.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Picked up a 20" Upper for one of my ARs this morning.

Taking it to Flat Broke tomorrow to sight in the scope.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Not a fan, eh? My brother has a P95 that shoots well, but it took numerous sessions with jewelers files, polishing paper etc to get the feed to be reliable. It was a real "jam-o-matic" out of the box.
I have one of their Security 9s and not a problem with it in several hundred rounds. Factory or handloads.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Personally I love mine. Especially the .357s. Held up to decades of hot handloads better than any Smith.
Still anxiously awaiting my Ruger LCR .357/.38 special. ANXIOUSLY!
I wish I had know FBS had an FFL and pistols for sale. I NEVER would have wasted my time with the place I purchased this from. They were a couple days away from their FFL expiring and failed to tell me.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Still anxiously awaiting my Ruger LCR .357/.38 special. ANXIOUSLY!
I wish I had know FBS had an FFL and pistols for sale. I NEVER would have wasted my time with the place I purchased this from. They were a couple days away from their FFL expiring and failed to tell me.
That's ####ed up.

Where was that?

black dog

Free America

Ruger builds great rimfire pistols and 10/22's that are work horses for generations.
Personally the only Ruger I would carry for self protection is a security, SP 101 or a speed six 357.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Gonna hit Flat Broke in a short and try out that upper I bought.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Got it sighted in at FB.

Didn't like the 62gr. Winchester Ammo I was shooting but when I went to 69gr. IMI three shot groups it...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What twist is it? If its 8 try a 77 grain load...
It is and I have those on my watch list for when they come in.

Everything but my Mini-14 has a 1-8/1-9 twist and does better with longer bullets. This is the first one I had that did that with 62gr. though.

The mini is the only one I can shoot leftover 55gr. out of. I'm not sure but think it may be 1-12 or so.

black dog

Free America
Is it the M855 SS 109 load? Because its just ball ammo. If it hold a 2-4" moa its doin good.
Plus with the steel core its longer than a lead core 62 grainer. Out of my 10 twist Cooper they will loose yaw in less than 50 yards and tumble. Same out of my Rem PSS 9 twist. Out of either Rock River 20" high power rifles I have in 8 twist they will shoot it under 1" moa....
If i load a 60 grain lead core match bullet in my rem or cooper its a tac driver....

My kids M4 is a 16" 8 twist and shooting his quals with M855 he hammers the X ring with that garbage ammo shooting in the low 340's since boot. He has done his best shooting of his life with tired Colt and FN rifles and ball ammo. He has 4-5? Expert bars the last we talked about it...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Is it the M855 SS 109 load? Because its just ball ammo. If it hold a 2-4" moa its doin good.
Plus with the steel core its longer than a lead core 62 grainer. Out of my 10 twist Cooper they will loose yaw in less than 50 yards and tumble. Same out of my Rem PSS 9 twist. Out of either Rock River 20" high power rifles I have in 8 twist they will shoot it under 1" moa....
If i load a 60 grain lead core match bullet in my rem or cooper its a tac driver....

My kids M4 is a 16" 8 twist and shooting his quals with M855 he hammers the X ring with that garbage ammo shooting in the low 340's since boot. He has done his best shooting of his life with tired Colt and FN rifles and ball ammo. He has 4-5? Expert bars the last we talked about it...
No it wasn't SS109. This was 62 grain hollowpoint Winchester made for law-enforcement. It also wasn't cycling 100%.

I haven't shot SS109 yet but if it is a longer bullet it'll probably stabilize nicely. I'm thinking this Winchester was just crap.

I've had really good luck with the IMI ammunition. I bought their 62 grain, 69gr. and 77gr. All have been really reliable.

black dog

Free America
I like imi myself, I bought a few cases of their 77 razer? 5.56 a few years ago and it shoots superbly.
Its interesting with twist rates and 223 and 5.56 ammos on the market, lots of folks forget that 223 was a light fast bullet varmint round long before it was a heavy bullet target cartridge...