Amish Grocery Store Question

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Some time ago, I purchased a jar of this relish. It is the bomb diggity and it is now all gone, as you can see. :bawl:

I have never tasted a hot pepper relish which is as good as this! Thing1 and I got addicted to it during the Covid pandemic and now we are having serious withdrawals. :cds:

it came from the Amish grocery store listed got the address on this label. How would I know if they were open other than just driving by there? It's off the beaten path and out of the way. I might need to take a road trip but then they're probably not open on Sunday. 🤔 Does anyone know the store named on this label?

**it's entirely possible I got it from the Farmer's Market, also. I can't remember! :jameo:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I
Some time ago, I purchased a jar of this relish. It is the bomb diggity and it is now all gone, as you can see. :bawl:

I have never tasted a hot pepper relish which is as good as this! Thing1 and I got addicted to it during the Covid pandemic and now we are having serious withdrawals. :cds:

it came from the Amish grocery store listed got the address on this label. How would I know if they were open other than just driving by there? It's off the beaten path and out of the way. I might need to take a road trip but then they're probably not open on Sunday. 🤔 Does anyone know the store named on this label?

**it's entirely possible I got it from the Farmer's Market, also. I can't remember! :jameo:
View attachment 149722
Iffin I still worked up that way I'd run reconnaissance for you. I doubt very seriously they would be open on Sunday. It's within a half hour of PF. Not a bad little road trip.

Edit: I may head that way tomorrow morning. I'll do a drive by, if I do.

Bann

PREMO Member
I

Iffin I still worked up that way I'd run reconnaissance for you. I doubt very seriously they would be open on Sunday. It's within a half hour of PF. Not a bad little road trip.

Edit: I may head that way tomorrow morning. I'll do a drive by, if I do.
Thanks!
I was pretty sure they weren't open on Sunday, and CH is not that far from me at all, but I didn't want to make a trip over without knowing their hours for sure.

Bann

PREMO Member
Found it.

Thank you - I've been using Duck Duck Go for about 2 weeks now - and I'm already tired of it. I searched and didn't pull up anything that showed me that same info. I should have just gone to Google in the first place! :lol:

And I'll just head out there early on Saturday next week! I'm buying a couple or three jars, too! :jet:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thanks!
I was pretty sure they weren't open on Sunday, and CH is not that far from me at all, but I didn't want to make a trip over without knowing their hours for sure.
From Google earth view, it appears that a simple "drive by" on a Sunday may not be such a good idea. It's not like they have a storefront on Rt 6.

Bann

PREMO Member
From Google earth view, it appears that a simple "drive by" on a Sunday may not be such a good idea. It's not like they have a storefront on Rt 6.
But the post that Kwillia made from the Google search shows the hours. Saturday is the only day I can get over there before it closes. :yay:

Thanks, though!

Sunrise

View attachment 149722
They are closed on Sunday and Tuesday also close @4pm

mdff21

They don't make Glock guns....But, if you do something wrong there you may be introduced to one or more!!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
If you put the address on the label into Google you will see
Pineview Amish Grocery
is actually located at 9035 Glock Pl, Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
It says "Open" but hours may vary because of COVID-19.
Goes without saying there is no phone number given for the store - which looks like it's on a farm

Hessian

I went today (based on your suggestions)
*Somewhat hard to find...Glock rd (love the name), yes its dirt. Comes to a T...bear right for 300 yards. Warehouse looking structure with petite name above the door.
*Lots of bulk grains, soup mixes, large blocks of cheese & ham, over-sized market goods, and some local preserves, honey, and sweets.
*Almost no produce (go to the Charlotte hall site)
*Chilled goods, nothing frozen.
* Prices were decent.

I have been to the Amish grocery up in Lancaster...this actually is bigger which surprised me.

I plan on at least one trip there per month...hoping they add more meat products and preserves at harvest time.
Thanks BernieP, Kwilla, Bann et al.

Bann

PREMO Member
You'tr welcome, @Hessian !

Looks like I won't be going out there until the following Saturday. I finally made arrangements for us to go away the week that I'm off and we're going to go the first part of the week rather than the last part of the week
👍

frequentflier

happy to be living
*Somewhat hard to find...Glock rd (love the name), yes its dirt. Comes to a T...bear right for 300 yards. Warehouse looking structure with petite name above the door.
*Lots of bulk grains, soup mixes, large blocks of cheese & ham, over-sized market goods, and some local preserves, honey, and sweets.
* Prices were decent.

I have been to the Amish grocery up in Lancaster...this actually is bigger which surprised me.

I plan on at least one trip there per month...hoping they add more meat products and preserves at harvest time.
Did they have the hot pepper relish Bann is looking for??

PJay

* Prices were decent.

No website..:ohwell: