Amish Grocery Store Question

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I pass them every Monday thru Friday on my way to and home from work. I can always make a pit stop if need be, just let me know.

Thank you! :huggy: I will let ya know. I'm going away this Saturday and will be gone for several days. I might be able to get over there the following Friday or Saturday. :yay:

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife just texted me that she found all the canning supplies she was looking for at Pine View Grocery.

I'm half afraid what else she found there.

mdff21

They are not some precautions for the virus, because they don't have the media telling them how bad it is.

General Lee

Some time ago, I purchased a jar of this relish. It is the bomb diggity and it is now all gone, as you can see. :bawl:

I have never tasted a hot pepper relish which is as good as this! Thing1 and I got addicted to it during the Covid pandemic and now we are having serious withdrawals. :cds:

it came from the Amish grocery store listed got the address on this label. How would I know if they were open other than just driving by there? It's off the beaten path and out of the way. I might need to take a road trip but then they're probably not open on Sunday. 🤔 Does anyone know the store named on this label?

**it's entirely possible I got it from the Farmer's Market, also. I can't remember! :jameo:
View attachment 149722
Picked some up to try, what is it good with?

Bann

PREMO Member
What's a half smoke?

Here's a Wikipedia post on them!

I happen to think Manger's Half Smokes are better than others I've had.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Here's a Wikipedia post on them!

I happen to think Manger's Half Smokes are better than others I've had.

They look very similar to the old Brigg's half smokes, but I'm spoiled. They just don't have the same flavor Brigg's was known for. 😥

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I never had that brand, that I know of!
Brigg's were THE half smoke back in the day. If you ordered a half smoke at Early Bird it was a Brigg's. I was crushed when they went out of business. I haven't been able to find one that's even in the running with Brigg's. The original had a certain bite (maybe sage) to it unmatched by any other.

The hot ones were pure dynamite! :hot:

Bann

PREMO Member
Brigg's were THE half smoke back in the day. If you ordered a half smoke at Early Bird it was a Brigg's. I was crushed when they went out of business. I haven't been able to find one that's even in the running with Brigg's. The original had a certain bite (maybe sage) to it unmatched by any other.

The hot ones were pure dynamite! :hot:

I don't recall ever getting one at Early Bird. 🤔 You should at least try Mangers! Nick's of Calvert sells them.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I don't recall ever getting one at Early Bird. 🤔 You should at least try Mangers! Nick's of Calvert sells them.
I have tried Manger's. I was anticipating that spicy bite back all the way home from the store; only they didn't have "it". Maybe my expectations were just too high. They weren't bad, they just weren't Brigg's. All the roach coaches in the early 80s had them and I believe 7-11 and High's did too. They were a staple to a teenage construction worker in the early 80s.

Bann

PREMO Member
I have tried Manger's. I was anticipating that spicy bite back all the way home from the store; only they didn't have "it". Maybe my expectations were just too high. They weren't bad, they just weren't Brigg's. All the roach coaches in the early 80s had them and I believe 7-11 and High's did too. They were a staple to a teenage construction worker in the early 80s.

Did you get the spicy Mangers?
I know I have had half smokes in the past, but I could not tell you the brand to save my life! :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Did you get the spicy Mangers?
I know I have had half smokes in the past, but I could not tell you the brand to save my life! :lol:
I was skeered. :shocking: My digestive tolerance has changed a lot since then. Maybe I'll give it one last shot.

General Lee

Is it the same as in the picture I posted?

it's delicious on hot dogs and half smokes!! :getdown:
So, I don't know what the one you had tastes like, but I tried mine tonight with steak. Weird combo but I wanted to try it. It is some kind of good. I was tempted to eat like a salsa w/ chips.