amish market sale yesterday

C

campinmutt

anybody stay for the horses? wondering what money, if any they brought.I was there for the tack and the crowd was the smallest I have ever seen...felt bad for the horses, figured they would just go from dealer to dealer.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
anybody stay for the horses? wondering what money, if any they brought.I was there for the tack and the crowd was the smallest I have ever seen...felt bad for the horses, figured they would just go from dealer to dealer.

thats practically what went on, from what i saw. I only stayed for the first 5 or so...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
It's the same guy with the same junk tack, he sells for market or above market prices, that you can get online or locally for less. Except the consignment stuff, which he does absolutely last. Wouldn't want someone to buy something nice from someone else and ruin a sale from him, now would we?
Sounds like peeps have his number now. Most of the good horses go no sale, IF a good one turns up there.

Eventer29

I only stayed for the first 8 or so horses. A few no saled, the others went to other dealers I think. I was helping a good friend of mine look for a pony for her 3 yr old son, just a leadline type. She left before they even sold cause there was nothing she fell in love with. A couple of the ones she was somewhat interested in went for 200-300 or no saled. So now she wants to go to Melvin's to look. I didnt get a chance to tell her she'll probably see the same exact ponies there at 2-3x what they went for at the auction. :smack:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I only stayed for the first 8 or so horses. A few no saled, the others went to other dealers I think. I was helping a good friend of mine look for a pony for her 3 yr old son, just a leadline type. She left before they even sold cause there was nothing she fell in love with. A couple of the ones she was somewhat interested in went for 200-300 or no saled. So now she wants to go to Melvin's to look. I didnt get a chance to tell her she'll probably see the same exact ponies there at 2-3x what they went for at the auction. :smack:

Exactly :popcorn:

SugarNSpikes

Melvin's got some really cute ponies for sale at their farm in Calloway. =)

C

campinmutt

only twice a year. it is a Hal Burnopp sale at the farmers market.

C

campinmutt

I also heard some of the ponies bought at the sale came down with strangles...now at a barn in laplata area...any one heard anything??