Ammo Prices

I "loaned" my Marlin 336 to my father a couple months ago. He's going to use it for some hog hunting by their house in Georgia. I haven't hunted with it in 13 years, so glad to have it get put to use. Anyway, they were up here this weekend and he mentioned that he couldn't find ammo in Georgia (.35 Remington), so I sent him home with my supply. Looked online today. :faint: >$27.00 a box when I paid <$10 back in 2001. Ouch.

Vince

That's about average today for ammo. I buy it in bulk because I'll go through 100 rounds in one day at the range so I usually get 500 rounds at a time. Lots of places on line to get ammo cheap.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not that I'm a expert but I've never heard of .35 Remington. So, it's an...unusual caliber, fair to say? 30-30 win is under $20 a box. Still way high but under $1 a round for a solid do most of it round. :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sportsman's only has two flavors of .35 Remington even available...Winchester and Hornaday. Ironically, Remington brand .35 shells are shown as simply unavailable for order..indefinitely. ?

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I "loaned" my Marlin 336 to my father a couple months ago. He's going to use it for some hog hunting by their house in Georgia. I haven't hunted with it in 13 years, so glad to have it get put to use. Anyway, they were up here this weekend and he mentioned that he couldn't find ammo in Georgia (.35 Remington), so I sent him home with my supply. Looked online today. :faint: >$27.00 a box when I paid <$10 back in 2001. Ouch.

Lots f stuff has gone way up in price in 14 years. How are the hogs feeling?

Not that I'm a expert but I've never heard of .35 Remington. So, it's an...unusual caliber, fair to say? 30-30 win is under $20 a box. Still way high but under $1 a round for a solid do most of it round. :shrug:

.35 Remington is not a common caliber. You are correct. But it is TONS better than 30-30. It's like comparing .38 special to .357 magnum. It's a really good round in the brush. Is it the round of choice when shooting in wide open long range space? No. But it's perfect for hunting in the woods. Good hard hitting round.

Only guns that I know of off the top of my head chambered for it is the Marlin 336 lever action and the Thompson Center Contender.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I saw a thread recently in a Mosin Forum, 7.62 R is up suddenly spiking at some of the Online Supplies

Lucky Gunner wanted .50 a round ...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I saw a thread recently in a Mosin Forum, 7.62 R is up suddenly spiking at some of the Online Supplies

Lucky Gunner wanted .50 a round ...

Really?...dang. I better go have a look.

The surplus 440-rd tins (corrosive, Berdan primed) are up a little...cheapest I found was $138, which is up from the low of $119 last spring. The new-production from PP is up a lot though....?

Last edited: