Ammo prices

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Hunting with my AR should be fun.
Don't go with a full magazine. DNR says "Deer may not be hunted with a firearm that is loaded with more than eight cartridges or shells. Magazines do not have to be physically blocked."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't go with a full magazine. DNR says "Deer may not be hunted with a firearm that is loaded with more than eight cartridges or shells. Magazines do not have to be physically blocked."

The mid-size .50 Beo mag is 7 rounds..the small one is 4. Them some big buwetts.. I have a couple 10-round mags, which are the largest they make for the .50 Beo, and they are roughly same size as the standard 30-round 5.56 magazine. I'll be hunting with the 4-round mag. In all the years I've hunted deer I've never gotten the chance to take a "second shot" if the first one missed...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Would have been nice if they'd allowed rifles back when I did hunt.

My pick would have been my .357 Marlin.

Good Luck with the .50. :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The mid-size .50 Beo mag is 7 rounds..the small one is 4. Them some big buwetts.. I have a couple 10-round mags, which are the largest they make for the .50 Beo, and they are roughly same size as the standard 30-round 5.56 magazine. I'll be hunting with the 4-round mag. In all the years I've hunted deer I've never gotten the chance to take a "second shot" if the first one missed...
With the .50 Beo a well placed shot should kill and gut the deer all at once. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
With the .50 Beo a well placed shot should kill and gut the deer all at once. :yay:

Believe it or not..the .50 Beo muzzle velocity and impact energy are less than some of the better 12-ga sabot rounds that are of similar weight.

General Lee

Believe it or not..the .50 Beo muzzle velocity and impact energy are less than some of the better 12-ga sabot rounds that are of similar weight.
Yep. I was just comparing a couple of my .45-70 brands and my Hornady SST 12ga. slugs have considerably more velocity and energy. Compared both the 300gr and 405gr 45-70. The SST's are 300 gr.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Even Monello keeps a case close by...
I have to watch my overall weight in the RV. I just have 3-4 boxes 30-30 rounds. 2 boxes of shotgun slugs. 3 boxes of assorted sizes of shotgun bird shot. 8 boxes of .40 and around 1,000 rounds of .22. 1 of these days I'm going to go deer hunting while on the road. Texas is probably the best bet. Now I just need to find a place to sit for a few hours in the woods next time I'm down there.

black dog

Free America
I have to watch my overall weight in the RV. I just have 3-4 boxes 30-30 rounds. 2 boxes of shotgun slugs. 3 boxes of assorted sizes of shotgun bird shot. 8 boxes of .40 and around 1,000 rounds of .22. 1 of these days I'm going to go deer hunting while on the road. Texas is probably the best bet. Now I just need to find a place to sit for a few hours in the woods next time I'm down there.

Very good,
I will add this, if you are on the road and you have problems finding what you need PM me with your needs and a shipping address and I will gladly take care of it. Speaking of slugs, one of the Walmarts tht I bought a few rifles in had 12 ga Lightfield slugs discounted for 5 bucks a box. I have 20 5rd boxes of those also if you shoot 12ga...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What came first - the chicken or the egg...
Finally_cf25b0_4995007.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
Glad I bought 1,000 each for the .22 and 9mm when FBS got those in a while back. Been too busy to deplete them much.

Sneakers. go ahead and get yourself a .22, lots of fun. That was my first one was a Ruger 10/22 takedown. I think $250 bucks, maybe $300, disassembles in literally a second or so, stores in it's nice nylon case. If you've not shot before instruction isnt that expensive and there's great instructors around.