An Incredible Victory

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) stood behind his effort to use a government shutdown to defund the health care law Wednesday, blaming his fellow Senate Republicans for getting in the way of victory in the House.

Cruz told conservative talk show host Mark Levin that Republican senators had been "firing their cannons" at the House Republican caucus and likened the Senate GOP to an "air force bombing our own troops."

Cruz also said that the Senate is "undoubtedly" broken.

"It's a broken institution," he said, adding that Senate Republicans are too concerned with "getting invited to the cocktail parties."

The Senate did not take the full brunt of Cruz's blame. The Texas firebrand called the Obama White House "the imperial presidency," and said that Obama was "dangerous" because he "thinks he is above the law."

Ultimately, Cruz said that his effort to defund Obamacare, which died in the Senate Wednesday night, was not a failure.

"It was an incredible victory," Cruz said. "

Attachments

• 131017-ted-cruz-reacts-to-the-end-of-the-government-shutdown-real-quote.jpg
    131017-ted-cruz-reacts-to-the-end-of-the-government-shutdown-real-quote.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Midnightrider

What was an incredible victory for democrats is an abysmal defeat for Americans.

I think we can agree that this was an abysmal defeat for the right, and for the american people, but only a mediocre win for the left. i dont think it would have been a defeat for anyone had the right not embarked on this "fools errand" in the first place. :buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it was an incredible victory for Ted Cruz because he was one of the Republicans with guts and integrity. One thing you have to give the Democrats: they stand together as a cohesive unit. Party loyalty is EVERYTHING to them and they stick with their talking points. The GOP is so fractured between those who want to do what they were elected to do, and those who as Cruz said, "want to get invited to the cocktail parties."

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think we can agree that this was an abysmal defeat for the right, and for the american people, but only a mediocre win for the left. i dont think it would have been a defeat for anyone had the right not embarked on this "fools errand" in the first place. :buddies:

Well, we’ve been down this road and I’m not going there again. But I will say that we will be right here again in 3 months, same fight, same battle, same characters saying the same things, and the can will, once again, get kicked down the road. All-the-while Americans will move on and forget about the whole thing.

I look forward to ’14 to see who really is paying attention.

Midnightrider

Well, we’ve been down this road and I’m not going there again. But I will say that we will be right here again in 3 months, same fight, same battle, same characters saying the same things, and the can will, once again, get kicked down the road. All-the-while Americans will move on and forget about the whole thing.

I look forward to ’14 to see who really is paying attention.

so you are loking forward to the tea party losing seats?

wouldn't it have been nice if the fight would have actually been about fixing the problems instead of some unattainable and unrelated goal.....

Larry Gude

Strung Out

How is this a win for the left? Now, leading up to '14, they have to defend this mess.

People are just now starting to realize that the gummint isn't sending doctors to your house, free of charge. People are just now realizing how much MORE it is going to cost them. People are just now starting to realize how much of an increase in bother this is going to be. The whole mess.

Competition increases service and reduces cost. The GOP gets NO credit for trying to offer that but, they can say they tried to stop this mess. Obamacare WILL increase costs, WILL reduce service and is...a mess.

The only winner in any of this will be the same guy who has been winning since January '09; Barack Obama and his pals in big business.

:buddies:

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Nope, no thanks. Nobody can be in debt and say, "Victory!..." without the additional, "...with strings attached."

Nobody was victorious here. The Democrats were successful in passing Obamacare. The Republicans were successful at holding their breath for a long time. Both were successful at sticking it to the American people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How is this a win for the left? Now, leading up to '14, they have to defend this mess.

Why do you say that when they've never had to defend anything before? Most Americans are retarded and their attention span is that of a gnat, so all the Dems have to do is....change the subject. Surely whoever they're running against will have a family to attack. They can whip out the trusty old race card - that's always good for distraction. Ben who? Never heard of him...

I keep telling you this and you never believe me: when you have the media on your side, you do not have to defend a damn thing because nobody will question you.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why do you say that when they've never had to defend anything before? Most Americans are retarded and their attention span is that of a gnat, so all the Dems have to do is....change the subject. Surely whoever they're running against will have a family to attack. They can whip out the trusty old race card - that's always good for distraction. Ben who? Never heard of him...

I keep telling you this and you never believe me: when you have the media on your side, you do not have to defend a damn thing because nobody will question you.

Look. I have a dream. I envision a day when my GOP children are judged not by the color of their spines, yellow, but by the content of their PR. A PR based on truth, on fighting spirit, fealty to limited government principles and a backbone made strong by the soundness of our argument, proved, time and again, by the weakness and failure of those...oh, #### it. I may as ####ing well start believing in ghosts, life after death and fad diets.

#### this.

#### this.

:banghead:

PsyOps

Pixelated

They won’t have to. While all of this has been going on, what have they effectively taken our eyes off of? Benghazi, IRS, DOJ, Fast and Furious… Guess what we’ll be distracted with next? Immigrations! That is, until Jan 15th rolls around, then we get to watch this nonsense all over again.

And if there are failures that get any sort of attention for the dems to ‘defend’, they will figure out a way to blame the GOP for it, the GOP will do what they always do – fail to come up with a counter-strategy, and the media will back the dem’s blame game.

Midnightrider

People are just now starting to realize that the gummint isn't sending doctors to your house, free of charge. People are just now realizing how much MORE it is going to cost them. People are just now starting to realize how much of an increase in bother this is going to be. The whole mess.

Competition increases service and reduces cost. The GOP gets NO credit for trying to offer that but, they can say they tried to stop this mess. Obamacare WILL increase costs, WILL reduce service and is...a mess.

The only winner in any of this will be the same guy who has been winning since January '09; Barack Obama and his pals in big business.

its a win for the left because they didn't get blamed for the shutdown, the right did. Obamacare is a different animal, and very well may come back to be the albatros around the neck of the left. However, on the issue of the shutdown, i think the left won. They certainly didn't lose the way the right did.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr

PsyOps

Pixelated
so you are loking forward to the tea party losing seats?

wouldn't it have been nice if the fight would have actually been about fixing the problems instead of some unattainable and unrelated goal.....

Obamacare is the problem. Cruz and the so-called ‘Tea Party’ gang were elected to do all they can to repeal that malevolent cancer.

I look forward to Graham, McCain and so many others to lose their seats. If there is any sort of victory to be had by the right, those establishment-types have to go.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Look. I have a dream.

I know you do :huggy: but it's a dream, not reality.

its a win for the left because they didn't get blamed for the shutdown, the right did.

:dingding:

And that will be the narrative going into the '14 election, you watch and see. The Republicans shut down the government and put Americans out of work, made their families suffer, blah blah blah. All out of their racist hatred of Obama.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They won’t have to. While all of this has been going on, what have they effectively taken our eyes off of? Benghazi, IRS, DOJ, Fast and Furious… Guess what we’ll be distracted with next? Immigrations! That is, until Jan 15th rolls around, then we get to watch this nonsense all over again.

And if there are failures that get any sort of attention for the dems to ‘defend’, they will figure out a way to blame the GOP for it, the GOP will do what they always do – fail to come up with a counter-strategy, and the media will back the dem’s blame game.

I don't care anymore.

Vrai wins. She's been saying this for years and I, frankly, have lost the will to fight anymore. They just caved. Again. Folded another winning hand. Again. I am a ####ing fool for believing in this fairy dust of Constitutionally limited government of, by and for the people.

I don't care anymore. This is now Easter bunny stuff to me. Spooky movies. I hate spooky movies. And I don't believe in the Easter bunny. Actually, it makes more sense to believe in the Easter bunny.

Done.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
its a win for the left because they didn't get blamed for the shutdown, the right did. Obamacare is a different animal, and very well may come back to be the albatros around the neck of the left. However, on the issue of the shutdown, i think the left won. They certainly didn't lose the way the right did.

Good for them. Hope they are happy.

I don't care any more. This fiasco has been the last straw. Epiphany. Let people wish Bush were still here. Let them think he was better or even different. It is all same/same; more and more and more government and Too Big To Fail.