An Incredible Victory

Midnightrider

Obamacare is the problem. Cruz and the so-called ‘Tea Party’ gang were elected to do all they can to repeal that malevolent cancer.

I look forward to Graham, McCain and so many others to lose their seats. If there is any sort of victory to be had by the right, those establishment-types have to go.

there is more than one problem. Obamacare isnt and wasnt going anywhere, despite what Cruz and the teaparty think they were elceted to do. They were unable to repeal it, so they ####ed us all by shutting down the governement for no good reason.

as for the real problem, they need to concentrate on the budget and spending. This was a golden opportunity to get soemthing done, unfortunately the teaparty was too focused on obamacare to make any headway.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why do you say that when they've never had to defend anything before? Most Americans are retarded and their attention span is that of a gnat, so all the Dems have to do is....change the subject. Surely whoever they're running against will have a family to attack. They can whip out the trusty old race card - that's always good for distraction. Ben who? Never heard of him...

I keep telling you this and you never believe me: when you have the media on your side, you do not have to defend a damn thing because nobody will question you.

And on't forget historic firsts!!

Vote for Eduardoe Habib.. Be part of HISTORY sending the first Mexican-Arab transgender, LGBT, Gerbil Lover to the Senate!!

MadDogMarine

wouldn't it have been nice if the fight would have actually been about fixing the problems instead of some unattainable and unrelated goal.....

It never has been about fixing anything and why should they change now? It is about bribery, extortion,kickbacks and getting re-elected because our masters are convinced no one is more deserving to be our master's then they are!!!!!!!!!!
Being from Kentucky,
Mitch McConnell(R) led the deal closing. Why, because he is a responsible politician and a man of great integrity??
OR:
The Senate Conservatives Fund quickly called that language the "Kentucky Kickback," and said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) secured that as the price of his support for the bill. Taxpayers for Common Sense says the bill would increase total authorized spending by $1.2 billion.
Read more: Surprises tucked in Senate bill (Video) - The Hill's Floor Action
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

secured that as the price of his support
Where I come from that is called BRIBERY!
A kickback is a form of negotiated bribery in which a commission is paid to the bribe-taker as a quid pro quo for services rendered.[1] Generally speaking, the remuneration (money, goods, or services handed over) is negotiated ahead of time.[1] The kickback varies from other kinds of bribes in that there is implied collusion between agents of the two parties, rather than one party extorting the bribe from the other.[1] The purpose of the kickback is usually to encourage the other party to cooperate in the illegal scheme.[2]
It is every man for himself, in that cesspool of governance in Wash,D.C. It is not going to be much longer before the rest of us will similarly be placed in same situation-"every man for him/herself" God help us!

AND people have the audacity to call this an "INCREDIBLE VICTORY" UFB!

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't care anymore.

Vrai wins. She's been saying this for years and I, frankly, have lost the will to fight anymore. They just caved. Again. Folded another winning hand. Again. I am a ####ing fool for believing in this fairy dust of Constitutionally limited government of, by and for the people.

I don't care anymore. This is now Easter bunny stuff to me. Spooky movies. I hate spooky movies. And I don't believe in the Easter bunny. Actually, it makes more sense to believe in the Easter bunny.

Done.

:buddies:

I don't really even know you and know you're not a good liar. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't really even know you and know you're not a good liar. :lol:

We all have our limits.

I suspected this whole thing was one more political stunt. It was. I'm done. It is a very liberating feeling. Like putting down an enormous weight.

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
He gets knocked down, but he gets up again. They're never gonna keep him down.

Tomorrow he'll be right back in the saddle, never fear.

In so many ways I feel the same way. I’m am right at the edge of saying ‘to hell with it’ and not even bother to engage, vote, participate, what-have-you… start getting my prepper house in order and watch the country collapse and people start taking to the streets, while I just sit in my cabin in the mountains of WV laughing at the chaos brought on by the ignorance of a society that got us here.

I watched the budget debacle go on and wondered "is this really the government we elected; this band of clowns are really running our government?" Yup! It sure is. WE elected them.

ylexot

Super Genius
I look forward to Graham, McCain and so many others to lose their seats. If there is any sort of victory to be had by the right, those establishment-types have to go.

Don't forget that weasel Mitch McConnell who got $2B to do what the Dems told him to.

Midnightrider

Well, McCain, Graham, and their ilk made damn sure of that.

They didn't have any choice either. They didn't have the votes to make any changes to Obamacare. Too many bought the bill of goods that the teaparty was selling. This was a loser from the beginning.

PsyOps

Pixelated
They didn't have any choice either. They didn't have the votes to make any changes to Obamacare. Too many bought the bill of goods that the teaparty was selling. This was a loser from the beginning.

That’s strange, I could’ve sworn the house passed several budgets which included defunding Obamacare.

But let me understand you… because the GOP knew they wouldn’t get Democrat support in the senate they shouldn’t even bother trying? Despite what their constituents were demanding of them, the ‘Tea Party’ members of the house should have told their constituents “I know you elected me to fight this thing, but we just can’t win; so we’re not going to do what you elected us to do.”

It’s like this… You are not going to change my mind. You aren’t going to win me over no matter what you say. You just don’t see things the way I do. Yet you keep trying. Why are you bothering? Because it’s important to you. Because it’s important that you get your message out there, not for the purpose of winning me over, but for the purpose of letting folks know where you stand. It’s called principles.

Cruz and the gang needed to take a stand on what they believed in; for those that elected them. It was important that they conveyed the clear message that they are not just against Obamacare, but are aimed at doing everything in their power to defeat it. Even when it means they won’t win, getting their message out there is important. They did that. And now everyone knows, without equivocation, where they stand.

Don’t forget, the GOP took control of the house and increased their numbers in the senate in '10 because of Obamacare. That still means something to them – and it means something to me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, to be fair, you can't really go wrong being jaded and cynical. You will be right most of the time, and occasionally pleasantly surprised.

Goerge Will says the best thing about being a real conservative is that by expecting people to not do the right thing, you spend most of your time being right and, when you are wrong, there is the consolation of people having done the right thing.

Midnightrider

That’s strange, I could’ve sworn the house passed several budgets which included defunding Obamacare.

But let me understand you… because the GOP knew they wouldn’t get Democrat support in the senate they shouldn’t even bother trying? Despite what their constituents were demanding of them, the ‘Tea Party’ members of the house should have told their constituents “I know you elected me to fight this thing, but we just can’t win; so we’re not going to do what you elected us to do.”

It’s like this… You are not going to change my mind. You aren’t going to win me over no matter what you say. You just don’t see things the way I do. Yet you keep trying. Why are you bothering? Because it’s important to you. Because it’s important that you get your message out there, not for the purpose of winning me over, but for the purpose of letting folks know where you stand. It’s called principles.

Cruz and the gang needed to take a stand on what they believed in; for those that elected them. It was important that they conveyed the clear message that they are not just against Obamacare, but are aimed at doing everything in their power to defeat it. Even when it means they won’t win, getting their message out there is important. They did that. And now everyone knows, without equivocation, where they stand.

Don’t forget, the GOP took control of the house and increased their numbers in the senate in '10 because of Obamacare. That still means something to them – and it means something to me.

:bigwhoop:
And the senate and presidency were retained by the dems who passed Obamacare. We had the mandate argument before, and the people who represent more constituents are the dems. If there was a mandate they had it.

Besides, the teaparty tried and failed to repeal Obamacare again and again. They did nothing to further that cause by shutting down the government. Everyone already knew where they stood. This was a stunt plain and simple, one that was doomed to fail.

It's funny now that the stunt has failed some people are still trying to defend those who held out for nothing. You do realize that our "fiscally conservative" brethren just gave hundreds of thousands of government workers two weeks extra paid vacation. Yeah, that helped. :sarcasm:

ylexot

Super Genius

This sounds vaguely familiar...almost like "they can't win the election, so vote for this turd over here instead."

It seems the mantra of society today is "give up without trying". :peace:

ylexot

Super Genius
:bigwhoop:
And the senate and presidency were retained by the dems who passed Obamacare. We had the mandate argument before, and the people who represent more constituents are the dems. If there was a mandate they had it.

Besides, the teaparty tried and failed to repeal Obamacare again and again. They did nothing to further that cause by shutting down the government. Everyone already knew where they stood. This was a stunt plain and simple, one that was doomed to fail.

It's funny now that the stunt has failed some people are still trying to defend those who held out for nothing. You do realize that our "fiscally conservative" brethren just gave hundreds of thousands of government workers two weeks extra paid vacation. Yeah, that helped. :sarcasm:

But it is amazing that Republicans get blamed for not being willing to compromise. The reality was:
House passes budget, Senate says NO
House passes another budget moving their stance, Senate says NO

So, who were the ones who wouldn't negotiate?