An Incredible Victory

PsyOps

Pixelated
They had their votes, again and again. How many times do you get told no before you understand that the other house won't go for defunding Obamacare? I don't see anything in the constitution about forcing a government shutdown because you can't legitimately pass the legislation you want.

The congress was set up the way it is for a reason. Specifically the senate has longer terms in large part to ensure "stability" in the legislative branch.

Sometimes it takes 1000 failures to achieve success.

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." - Vince Lombardi

"Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone." - John Quincy Adams

"The 'morality of compromise' sounds contradictory. Compromise is usually a sign of weakness, or an admission of defeat. Strong men don't compromise, it is said, and principles should never be compromised." - Andrew Carnegie

PsyOps

Pixelated
I understand that ,it is people like us that need to stop anti Americans like the tea party people on this board .:howdy:

You mean anti-American people like this?

Attachments

• Obama_Flag.jpg
    Obama_Flag.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 33

ylexot

Super Genius
They had their votes, again and again. How many times do you get told no before you understand that the other house won't go for defunding Obamacare? I don't see anything in the constitution about forcing a government shutdown because you can't legitimately pass the legislation you want.

The congress was set up the way it is for a reason. Specifically the senate has longer terms in large part to ensure "stability" in the legislative branch.

They also passed bills that did not defund Obamacare. What's the excuse for not accepting them?

BOP

its a win for the left because they didn't get blamed for the shutdown, the right did. Obamacare is a different animal, and very well may come back to be the albatros around the neck of the left. However, on the issue of the shutdown, i think the left won. They certainly didn't lose the way the right did.

I actually agree with you (surprise!); however, I think they were blinded by their ideology and so certain that the national media and the RINOs would help them overcome Cruz and the Representatives in the House that they made a tactical error.

The President and his sycophants would have been better off if they had put a delay in as the repubs had requested. Obama's favorability would have gone up and their advantage would have held through 2014, which is not that far away. As it is, they barely held on to their advantage by basically delaying the rollout of the exchanges through "glitches."

If enough people are able to sign up and enough people learn the true costs of the ACA before the mid-terms, the dimwits are in deep do-do come election time.

Assuming, of course, that the repubs are smart enough and have the huevos to take advantage of what I think is going to be the summer of discontent next year.