An update would be great!

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
I am curious on how the Zimmerman case panned out (assuming that it has). All of the threads, pertaining to the case, have seemed to have slid into 4th page fora oblivion.

So, any updates?

Thanks!

RPMDAD

No update on the trial but did see this about Trayvon's mother looking for money before the trial is even finished.

Trayvon Martin's mother is asking for at least $75,000 from the homeowners' association of the gated community where her teenage son was fatally shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, court documents show.

Sybrina Fulton also has asked for an undisclosed amount of money from a state fund set up to help crime victims with things like funeral expenses and counseling, according to state documents obtained by The Associated Press.

Martin's Mother Seeks Money From HOA, State Fund - ABC News

No update on the trial but did see this about Trayvon's mother looking for money before the trial is even finished.

Trayvon Martin's mother is asking for at least $75,000 from the homeowners' association of the gated community where her teenage son was fatally shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, court documents show.

Sybrina Fulton also has asked for an undisclosed amount of money from a state fund set up to help crime victims with things like funeral expenses and counseling, according to state documents obtained by The Associated Press.

Martin's Mother Seeks Money From HOA, State Fund - ABC News

Big suprise. Not.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I am curious on how the Zimmerman case panned out (assuming that it has). All of the threads, pertaining to the case, have seemed to have slid into 4th page fora oblivion.

So, any updates?

Thanks!

Are the forums really your source for news?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

I think since NBC fired that producer and sound editor who doctored the 911 tapes of Zimmerman's calls, there's been very little on the LSM to attract our attention. I've been watching this for news on Trayvon and George.

Then, of course, there's this to augment another thread on the forum.

BTW: The Conservative treehouse has a very timely and useful bumper sticker this week.

Attachments

• Mormon.png
    Mormon.png
    40 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter

So, any updates?

Thanks!

The update is that he's awaiting trial.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr

Yes. If something is important, it will usually be covered here in some fashion. Balancing my responsibilities from work, family, school, and honey-do's, there isn't much time just to sit-down and watch the news on tv or read the paper...let alone...sleep.

To be frank, I am a little surprised by what you implied (by your using "really"). Unless there are dozens of MPDs for each real life person, there are quite a few people that spend time viewing, responding, and just browsing these fora.

I do not pretend that I will always get a balanced story from 'the news', or from this forum, but it is better than nothing. Sometimes, the exchanges, backnforths, and arguments are entertaining to read, all the while displaying different points of view to chuck or get stuck.

It would be nice if I had the time just to sit back watch CSPAN, but I don't. Time is a precious commidity.

Most of the time, I will follow the links to read the original articles, but sometimes I need to load up the buckshot and shoot from the hip.

MMDad, where do you read your news?

If you wouldn't mind letting me know where a more efficient place is to "get-my-news" might be, I'd like to check it out - when I have the time that is.

--------------------------

To everyone else who actually did post an update. Thank you.

I did a google search first, but I only saw older articles. Thanks again, everyone.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
I think since NBC fired that producer and sound editor who doctored the 911 tapes of Zimmerman's calls, there's been very little on the LSM to attract our attention. I've been watching this for news on Trayvon and George.

Then, of course, there's this to augment another thread on the forum.

BTW: The Conservative treehouse has a very timely and useful bumper sticker this week.

Awesome! That is good news! If this were during a different time...a public flogging would be in order.

Thanks, Lurk.

Asmodeus

....=o&o>
Zimmerman will seek 'stand your ground' hearing - seattlepi.com

This could be over real quick...

A statement posted Thursday on the website for George Zimmerman's legal team says evidence released by prosecutors shows "clear support for a strong claim of self-defense."

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder. If a judge rules the evidence fits the conditions of "stand your ground," the criminal charges would be dismissed and Zimmerman would be immune from civil action in the shooting.

awpitt

Main Streeter
If you wouldn't mind letting me know where a more efficient place is to "get-my-news" might be, I'd like to check it out - when I have the time that is.

C-SPAN, CNN, FOX, etc are all available via satelite radio. CPSAN is availble on regular radio FM 90.1. WTOP (all news) is FM 103.5. Listen while you drive. No need to "watch" the news.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This could be over real quick...

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder. If a judge rules the evidence fits the conditions of "stand your ground," the criminal charges would be dismissed and Zimmerman would be immune from civil action in the shooting.

Then, all he has to worry about the rest of his life is Al Sharpton, Vigilante, and some kid looking to be a hero.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Then, all he has to worry about the rest of his life is Al Sharpton, Vigilante, and some kid looking to be a hero.

People have a short attention span. Sharpton will move on to his next "injustice," Z will be forgotten, and life goes on.

bcp

In My Opinion
A statement posted Thursday on the website for George Zimmerman's legal team says evidence released by prosecutors shows "clear support for a strong claim of self-defense."

and here is why the networks are not giving you 24 hour a day coverage.
they would have to admit that not only were they wrong, but the sweet little tyke they made Trayvon out to be was in reality a punk POS black teen without parents.