Anbar Province Still Not Calm

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Iraqi insurgents kill key US ally
Abdul Sattar Abu Risha a key Sunni ally of the US and Iraqi governments has been killed in a bomb attack in the city of Ramadi, Iraqi police and media say.
Only on Monday, in his testimony to Congress, the top US commander in Iraq, General David Petraeus, said Anbar province showed how Iraq could throw off its violence and move forward. "A year ago the province was assessed 'lost' politically," he said. "Today, it is a model of what happens when local leaders and citizens decide to oppose al-Qaeda and reject its Taleban-like ideology."
LINK

PsyOps

Pixelated
nhboy said:
Iraqi insurgents kill key US ally
Abdul Sattar Abu Risha a key Sunni ally of the US and Iraqi governments has been killed in a bomb attack in the city of Ramadi, Iraqi police and media say.
Only on Monday, in his testimony to Congress, the top US commander in Iraq, General David Petraeus, said Anbar province showed how Iraq could throw off its violence and move forward. "A year ago the province was assessed 'lost' politically," he said. "Today, it is a model of what happens when local leaders and citizens decide to oppose al-Qaeda and reject its Taleban-like ideology."
LINK

I don't recall anyone saying Anbar was calm? :confused:

I have heard that it has gotten better.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Holy Smokes! You better calm down, and stop telling the unwelcome truth or you'll be as red as me!!!