Ancesttry.com

Kinnakeet

Did you know all the people that have given there DNA to ancetry.com that the Gov' is useing it to make weapons to target you and your family somehow...lol
I got this info from a friend of mine and he has told me some wild stuff that I just laugh off but so far 90% of what he has told has come true

glhs837

Power with Control
Gonna report this just to get it moved to the right subforum...

So, what are some of the 90% your friend has gotten right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Moved, although I have no doubt those DNA things were designed for nefarious purposes.

I too would like to hear what OP's friend has said.

Tech

Was called a conspiracy theorist when I said during summer of 2020 that the Wuhan was purposely released using a genetically altered virus to attack Americans.

glhs837

Power with Control
Was called a conspiracy theorist when I said during summer of 2020 that the Wuhan was purposely released using a genetically altered virus to attack Americans.

I wouldn't call you conspiracy theorist for that. My thought has always been that it was an accidental escape in China, who then decided to keep as quiet as possible to allow the spread so they were not the ones to suffer economically.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I have no doubt those DNA things were designed for nefarious purposes.
I don't believe the were originally designed that way, but they were certainly taken advantage of in that way by nefarious people.

Just saw a news report within the past day or so... they are more and more convinced the virus can be tracked back to Wuhan and paid for in part with money provided by the US.

What was really scary was that documents obtained indicated they have viruses in that facility in Wuhan with a 60% mortality rate if released. Wuhan was a 1%er, and the Black Plague was a 20%er. Think about the outcome of a release of a virus of that, and why in the hell would anyone want to create it to begin with?

Kinnakeet

Gonna report this just to get it moved to the right subforum...

So, what are some of the 90% your friend has gotten right?
9/11//kung flu/biden/DNA weapons/Ukraine BS/bio-weapons factories all over the Ukraine that the US funds/Ruby ridge

Kinnakeet

I wouldn't call you conspiracy theorist for that. My thought has always been that it was an accidental escape in China, who then decided to keep as quiet as possible to allow the spread so they were not the ones to suffer economically.
Need to add that to the list as it was no accident it was released in hopes that it would kill off most of the earths population

GregV814

hold on a minute.... lets examine Ancestry.com

so, you decide to research your family tree....

Okay, step 1: provide a website ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING YOUR FATHERS MIDDLE NAME, YOUR MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME, YOUR GRANDPARENTS NAMES, DATES OF BIRTH, HOMETOWNS, HEY!! ADDRESSES WOULD BE COOL...MAYBE WHERE YOU DO YOUR BANKING, LAST 4 OF YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, etc....
step 2: send us your blood!!!

Calm down, we have a Currier & Ives TV commercial on Lifetime; we're cool....dont worry!!! nahhhhhh we be cool.

Tech

Ah, it was my liberal nephew who gladly licks Bernie's balz but it's know that certain races have a weakness to certain diseases. This possibly could lead to a pathogen that could be used to weaken an adversary.

GregV814

I'm more concerned with Police Trolling the Data base looking for DNA Matches
Sir:

Our backgrounds differ, yet I take what you write as lucid and cognizant.
However several things...

1) If some person freely and willingly gives his full name and blood to the web, shame on him. Now, if that person is a rapist, murderer or has left blood at the scene of a crime, a real who dunnit, and wasn't coerced, let the chips fall.
2) I think I know this, Detectives and forensic labs don't "troll" indiscriminately for your Aunt Berthas blood. Thats not to say if they have a lead that a possible suspect is on Southern Md. .com forums and they have more than reasonable suspicion, they won't take a look. But getting a blood sample from Ancestry.com is damned near impossible and by no means accepted in Courts.
3) sometimes you go overboard with anti police comments and that's okay. But I think we're pretty far from Stalin and Hitler. If someone you loved was brutally attacked and DNA was left on the scene, Im sure you would want all avenues explored.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

A judge said police can search the DNA of 1 million Americans without their consent. What's next?

For the first time, a state judge has forced a public genealogy site, GEDmatch, to allow police to search its entire database of DNA profiles. A detective wanted to find distant relatives of a serial rapist in hopes that their family trees could help him home in on a suspect—even though most of the 1.3 million people who have shared their DNA data with the site haven't agreed to such a search.

The search warrant, reported this week by The New York Times, raises the alarming possibility of similar police searches of giant direct-to-consumer DNA sites such as Ancestry.com and 23andMe that are now closed to everyone except company customers who willingly submit a saliva sample.

Since police tracked down the suspected Golden State Killer in April 2018 by uploading crime-scene DNA to GEDmatch, forensic genealogy has led to arrests in scores of cold criminal cases. But privacy concerns have arisen because users didn't know their DNA data were being searched, and because relatives who never took a DNA test could come under suspicion. In May, GEDmatch restricted police searches to participants who had given consent, cutting the number of available DNA profiles to 185,000. Then in September, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) eased some concerns by issuing a policy that limits searches by federal law enforcement agencies to violent crimes and DNA profiles with user consent.

UglyBear

I don't believe the were originally designed that way, but they were certainly taken advantage of in that way by nefarious people.
What was really scary was that documents obtained indicated they have viruses in that facility in Wuhan with a 60% mortality rate if released. Wuhan was a 1%er, and the Black Plague was a 20%er. Think about the outcome of a release of a virus of that, and why in the hell would anyone want to create it to begin with?
As to mortality rates, I’m no virologist, but have read something on that.
60% is useless as a weapon — burns out too fast.
Wu-flu was too weak — maybe 0.03-0.3%, killed mostly elderly and people with multiple co-morbidities. Also useless as a weapon— from economic ghoulish angle, it’s even beneficial, gets rid of excess mouths.
A perfect bio-weapon hits the golden middle — low enough mortality that it circulates far and wide, but if it kills even 5% of military-aged healthy people, it has the effect of crashing the infrastructure and most people in the adversary nation die of starvation, exposure and riots.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New Orleans filmmaker cleared in cold-case murder; false positive highlights limitations of familial DNA searching

Investigators last year turned to a controversial technique known as familial searching, which seeks to identify the last name of potential suspects through a DNA analysis focusing on the Y chromosome. A promising “partial match” emerged between the semen sample and the genetic profile of Usry’s father, Michael Usry Sr. — a finding that excluded the father but strongly suggested one of his relatives had a hand in the young woman’s murder.

The results instantly breathed new life into a high-profile investigation in which Idaho Falls authorities have weathered intense criticism. But the story of how the police came to suspect the younger Usry and then eventually clear him of murder raises troubling questions about civil liberties amid the explosive — and increasingly commercial — growth of DNA testing.

The elder Usry, who lives outside Jackson, Mississippi, said his DNA entered the equation through a project, sponsored years ago by the Mormon church, in which members gave DNA samples to the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation, a nonprofit whose forensic assets have been acquired by Ancestry.com, the world’s largest for-profit genealogy company.

Ancestry.com received a court order last summer requiring it to reveal Usry’s name to the police, although it is listed as “protected” in the Sorenson Y-chromosome database, according to court records obtained by The New Orleans Advocate. Following this new lead, the police mapped out five generations of Usry’s family, narrowing their focus to three men.

Only one, the New Orleans filmmaker, fit the mold of a plausible suspect, according to an application for a search warrant. Usry, 36, had ties to Idaho, including two sisters who attended a private university about 25 miles from the crime scene.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member