and another...horse abuse

Sparks

Why the hell would they not file charges just because the owners are cooperative???? :cussing:

Makes me sick.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
In the article there was a comment "horses are livestock" which I guess was trying to justify this and if they are livestock that makes it okay. Not that it does make it okay.

IMO, horse are not really livestock in this day and age. Maybe they were in the "Wild West" days, but anymore they are pets.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Tinkerbell said:
In the article there was a comment "horses are livestock" which I guess was trying to justify this and if they are livestock that makes it okay. Not that it does make it okay.

IMO, horse are not really livestock in this day and age. Maybe they were in the "Wild West" days, but anymore they are pets.

GREAT so we can put you down for saving and taking say what 500 or 1000 of them...anything less really would not help..and I assume you have friends that could take that amount too??

Or let me ask you..how much are you planning to send to help keep all these guys alive $50K this year? Oh and you have several friends that can do that too?

get real

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Pasofever said:
GREAT so we can put you down for saving and taking say what 500 or 1000 of them...anything less really would not help..and I assume you have friends that could take that amount too??

Or let me ask you..how much are you planning to send to help keep all these guys alive $50K this year? Oh and you have several friends that can do that too?

get real

What exactly is your problem? Good grief, take a valium. :smack:

I simply said that I don't agree with Horses being considered livestock. Excuse me for having an OPINION. :duh:

How about you try to work on CONTROLLING the horse population instead of just offing them when there gets to be too many? We use "fixing" for dogs, cats, guinea pigs, etc... why not horses?

Cowgirl

Tinkerbell said:
We use "fixing" for dogs, cats, guinea pigs, etc... why not horses?

:lol: Because horses getting loose and breeding is not that big of a problem. Most people have control of where their horses are and what other horses they're around.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Thanks for all the red :huggy: It's nice to know people care SO much. (Have the balls to sign it, however)

Now... I didn't support any legislation you idiots. I didn't even know there was any legislation. I didn't know anything about the slaughterhouses.

I was just saying, that you can generally abuse/mistreat livestock and face no legal consequences. However, if you abuse/mistreat pets, you can face legal action. SO, if horses are PETS - then the idiots who starved them should face up to the crime in the legal system. I wasn't talking about slaughterhouses! I was talking from ANOTHER point of view on the pets/livestock issue. Did you know there are often several angles to things - not just ONE point of view!

You people are crazy.

Cowgirl

Tinkerbell said:
Thanks for all the red :huggy: It's nice to know people care SO much. (Have the balls to sign it, however)

Now... I didn't support any legislation you idiots. I didn't even know there was any legislation. I didn't know anything about the slaughterhouses.

I was just saying, that you can generally abuse/mistreat livestock and face no legal consequences. However, if you abuse/mistreat pets, you can face legal action. SO, if horses are PETS - then the idiots who starved them should face up to the crime in the legal system. I wasn't talking about slaughterhouses! I was talking from ANOTHER point of view on the pets/livestock issue. Did you know there are often several angles to things - not just ONE point of view!

You people are crazy.

People who mistreat livestock most certainly do face legal consequences...

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Tinkerbell said:

You people are crazy.

I have heard of all types of abuse towards other types of animals. I even heard that some people have been caught spanking monkies! What a shame...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
appendixqh said:
I have heard of all types of abuse towards other types of animals. I even heard that some people have been caught spanking monkies! What a shame...

A monkey spanker..imagine that... :whistle:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Tinkerbell said:

You people are crazy.

TBell, you like Abe Lincoln?? :offtopic: Just wondering.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
2baymares said:
I guess they'll just euthanasia instead of slaughter ... it'll just take longer .

Nope the owners cant afford them....so they cant pay $150 up per horse to euthanize them...and the PETA people want to save them all...Tinkerbell will just have to take a few hundred or caugh up some bucks..

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Cowgirl said:
:lol: Because horses getting loose and breeding is not that big of a problem. Most people have control of where their horses are and what other horses they're around.

Yeah, that's the problem...stupid people. :lmao:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Pasofever said:
Nope the owners cant afford them....so they cant pay $150 up per horse to euthanize them...and the PETA people want to save them all...Tinkerbell will just have to take a few hundred or caugh up some bucks..

Oh, I'm sure I'll get reamed for this .....but I don't think Tinkerbell's comments had ANYTHING to do with slaughter. She was saying that she feels horses are pets, not livestock. (An opinion with no baring at all on slaughter since her entire post was about abuse of animals...not slaughter.)

So, whether her opinions are shared or not they were only about abuse...not slaughter.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I personally think of them as pets too...not livestock...But if I had a mean or dangerous one he would need to go to slaughter I would not risk selling a bad one to a person...not saying alot of good horses do not end up at slaughter.

devinej

so correct me if i'm wrong, there's only one slaughter plant for horses open in the us - in illinois the two in texas having shut down? are there slaugher houses in canada? do they buy horses from US auctions?

i vote for opening a horse slaughter plant in every region of the country to make the transportation more humane. that article about the us thinking like a 14 year old girl is so true. then there could be auctions which the meat buyers would be invited to, and it would be publicized they'd be there. can the us population handle that? probably not. .. check out http://commonhorsesense.com

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
devinej said:
so correct me if i'm wrong, there's only one slaughter plant for horses open in the us - in illinois the two in texas having shut down? are there slaugher houses in canada? do they buy horses from US auctions?

i vote for opening a horse slaughter plant in every region of the country to make the transportation more humane. that article about the us thinking like a 14 year old girl is so true. then there could be auctions which the meat buyers would be invited to, and it would be publicized they'd be there. can the us population handle that? probably not. .. check out http://commonhorsesense.com

Well my friend that goes to auctions ....brought this question the other day..Mexico opened another plant UNREGULATED so you know they are better off being killed in a US regulated plant..