And down goes the last one

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Monello asked me the other day who in Hollywood I thought was something other than a dysfunctional skeevy ####bag rapist pedo drug addict. I replied, "Chris Pratt."

Well, nevermind.

Not that he's all those things I mentioned - or maybe he is, I have no idea - but I disapprove heartily of him getting engaged to some girl (Ahnold and Maria's daughter, btw) 3 months after his divorce from his wife of 10 years was final, that he's only known for a few months.

Why I care:

I don't, really; I don't even know these people. I just want to bitch about it because he and Anna Faris used to post the sweetest things on social media, how madly in love they were, such a great family, etc, etc, and literally one day after such gushing it came out that they had filed for divorce. Everything with these people is a lie and fake.

I'm mostly angry at myself that I got taken in by it and thought maybe Chris Pratt was a normal person. I'm not even his huge fan or anything, I just liked that he came across as so down to earth and real.

:mad:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm curious why you waste time, and brain power, on things, or people, Hollywood. These are actors. They act. Most have personal issues to begin with, which is why they act. To pretend to be something they cannot be. They have nothing constructive, meaningful work, hobbies, etc., to otherwise fill their time with. Losers most. Alcoholic, drug users, sexual deviants, many.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

I'm curious why you waste time, and brain power, on things, or people, Hollywood. These are actors. They act. Most have personal issues to begin with, which is why they act. To pretend to be something they cannot be. They have nothing constructive, meaningful work, hobbies, etc., to otherwise fill their time with. Losers most. Alcoholic, drug users, sexual deviants, many.

Most of them, because of what you said: they are societal deviants, typically with highly dysfunctional upbringings and destructive personal lives. The more dysfunctional, the more interesting I find them. It's never been a secret that I'm fascinated by human behavior. That's a lot of the reason I'm so interested in politicians - the human behavior aspect.

The Chris Pratt thing was on the front page of the Fox website, and it caught my attention because of the conversation I'd just had with Monello.

Bobwhite

Most of them, because of what you said: they are societal deviants, typically with highly dysfunctional upbringings and destructive personal lives. The more dysfunctional, the more interesting I find them. It's never been a secret that I'm fascinated by human behavior. That's a lot of the reason I'm so interested in politicians - the human behavior aspect.

The Chris Pratt thing was on the front page of the Fox website, and it caught my attention because of the conversation I'd just had with Monello.

Tom Selleck has always been one of my favorites just because he has never been touched by scandal.

transporter

Why I care:

I don't, really; I don't even know these people. I just want to bitch about it because he and Anna Faris used to post the sweetest things on social media, how madly in love they were, such a great family, etc, etc, and literally one day after such gushing it came out that they had filed for divorce. Everything with these people is a lie and fake.

I'm mostly angry at myself that I got taken in by it and thought maybe Chris Pratt was a normal person. I'm not even his huge fan or anything, I just liked that he came across as so down to earth and real.

:mad:

So you realize that you got taken by the social media posts of hollywood type that very very few people give a damn about, but you STILL don't realize you got taken by the books and social media posts of Donald Trump??? How is that possible given the mountains of evidence before you that Donald Trump is completely self absorbed, compulsive liar, horrid manager, lousy negotiator and a terrible judge of talent.

This_person

So you realize that you got taken by the social media posts of hollywood type that very very few people give a damn about, but you STILL don't realize you got taken by the books and social media posts of Donald Trump??? How is that possible given the mountains of evidence before you that Donald Trump is completely self absorbed, compulsive liar, horrid manager, lousy negotiator and a terrible judge of talent.

And, yet, still has had a more positive impact on the things that matter in the country than the last four presidents combined.

Hijinx

Can you do anything without hating on Trump?
You need help. Seriously.

Clem72

I feel like everyone that doesn't purposely keep themselves separated from Hollywood when they aren't working (like Clint Eastwood) eventually falls into this trap of considering relationships to be temporary. A bunch of charismatic good looking people in an industry that thrives on praising the superficial all spending long periods filming together or repeatedly bumping into each other at social functions full of social lubricant.

Once Pratt went from B-list TV star to A-list Movie star while being married to someone that was already A-list (and so used to the Hollywood social dynamic) this was almost assured to happen. May have been a different story if he was married to his high school sweatheart who kept him tethered to the real world.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jon Bon Jovi is the only big star I can think of who married his pre-fame sweetie and stayed that way.

luvmygdaughters

Weren't high school sweethearts, but, I always admired Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, they were not the stereotypical Hollywood couple. Also, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, I know they're not married, but, have been together longer than most Hollywood marriages last.

Hijinx

Weren't high school sweethearts, but, I always admired Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, they were not the stereotypical Hollywood couple. Also, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, I know they're not married, but, have been together longer than most Hollywood marriages last.

Some times marriage ruins a good relationship.