And end to birthright citizenship?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'm in favor of this, but I'm pretty sure it will take more than an EO.

What I don't get is how birthright citizenship has been bastardized to mean that everyone in the baby's family gets to stay as well. It seems pretty simple to say, yes, a baby born in the US is entitled to citizenship but not his mom and dad and brothers and grandparents and first cousins twice removed. Mommy and Dad can either leave their child with legal guardians or take it home with them, but they cannot stay.

Chain migration is what really needs to be addressed. Miss your family? Then go your ass home.

Sapidus

I'm in favor of this, but I'm pretty sure it will take more than an EO.

What I don't get is how birthright citizenship has been bastardized to mean that everyone in the baby's family gets to stay as well. It seems pretty simple to say, yes, a baby born in the US is entitled to citizenship but not his mom and dad and brothers and grandparents and first cousins twice removed. Mommy and Dad can either leave their child with legal guardians or take it home with them, but they cannot stay.

Chain migration is what really needs to be addressed. Miss your family? Then go your ass home.

You should tell that to Melania's parents

stgislander

PREMO Member
How about we give them documentation saying they were born here, and can come back when they turn 18 or 21?

Tech

It should be changed so that in order to be a citizen by virtue of being born here, at least one of your parents must be a citizen.
I could except off-springs of a married couple where both are legal permanent alien residents. All other visa status- no.

This_person

This is the perfect thought process, in my opinion.

Sapidus

Check Snopes on that one.

Why do you think it’s okay for Trump to change the 14th amendment with an EO?

I thought you were for the rule of law and a traditionalist.

One more example of you flipping over and taking it from Trump despite all your protests to the contrary

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Again you you’d state something with no proof.

Stop trying to Gaslight people. You can’t be this stupid
i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

This_person

Again you you’d state something with no proof.

Stop trying to Gaslight people. You can’t be this stupid
Interesting you use the phrase "no proof." That's what Snopes says about a problem with Melania's parents' immigration "problems".