And just like that Trumpers started supporting red flag laws......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would say I'm shocked to see the left now advocating so vociferously to a return to involuntary treatment, stripping of fundamental rights and even mass incarceration of people diagnosed with various mental illnesses. But I'm not. My how times have changed.

Hank

my war
Just noticed when you replied my devices spell check changed Mondale to Monday. :lmao:

I really hate iOS devices.

Midnightrider

I would say I'm shocked to see the left now advocating so vociferously to a return to involuntary treatment, stripping of fundamental rights and even mass incarceration of people diagnosed with various mental illnesses. But I'm not. My how times have changed.
When did that happen Mo? The libs, including the big orange one in the whitehouse, is talking about taking guns from crazy people, not locking them up.

NextJen

Raisin cane

Midnightrider

Fascinating, isn't it?
It’s sad that trump does exactly what Trumpers claimed Hillary was going to do, but Trumpers don’t see it as a problem. The orange messiah said ‘red flag laws are good’ and Trumpers are falling right in line. I mean why would they take issue with him infringing on the constitution.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Bwhahahaha

Trump stated it himself in the video in my link. Don’t worry in a couple of hours all you idiots will be claiming red flag laws are great, because your orange messiah says so.
This is going to be just like bumpstocks. Trumpers will either be silent or supportive of this infringement

You seem to have this misconception that people that vote for someone believe in everything that candidate believes in. I'm going to vote for Trump again, but I am far from believing everything he does. I knew when I voted for him in the 2016 general he once held the position of banning semi-auto rifles. I'm not all that convinced he's anywhere near where I am on the 2A. But, that's not a deal-breaker for me.

All I know about the 'red flag' thing is that they better craft any law very carefully that doesn't result in making it easy to ruin someone's life simply because they don't the person and have it out for them.

Midnightrider

You seem to have this misconception that people that vote for someone believe in everything that candidate believes in. I'm going to vote for Trump again, but I am far from believing everything he does. I knew when I voted for him in the 2016 general he once held the position of banning semi-auto rifles. I'm not all that convinced he's anywhere near where I am on the 2A. But, that's not a deal-breaker for me.

All I know about the 'red flag' thing is that they better craft any law very carefully that doesn't result in making it easy to ruin someone's life simply because they don't the person and have it out for them.
I’m not of that misconception at all. However, the 2ndA used to be the holiest of holies. What I am not seeing is Trumpers calling him out on giving up our 2ndA rights. GOP voters should be screaming at trump at the top of their lungs over this. Instead there are very few on the right complaining and when they do it’s in a ‘well it could be worse’ way. Zero in the way of organized protests

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It’s sad that trump does exactly what Trumpers claimed Hillary was going to do, but Trumpers don’t see it as a problem. The orange messiah said ‘red flag laws are good’ and Trumpers are falling right in line. I mean why would they take issue with him infringing on the constitution.
Just because you repeat this over and over again, doesn’t make it true...........I don’t see anyone falling in line except Progs who have been trying to take our guns away for decades

PsyOps

Pixelated
I’m not of that misconception at all. However, the 2ndA used to be the holiest of holies. What I am not seeing is Trumpers calling him out on giving up our 2ndA rights. GOP voters should be screaming at trump at the top of their lungs over this. Instead there are very few on the right complaining and when they do it’s in a ‘well it could be worse’ way. Zero in the way of organized protests

Well, that's not me. I would bet to guess most 2A people on here are against 'red flag' laws; or any other law would result in having firearms confiscated from law-abiding citizens, simply because someone reported that they exhibited dangerous behavior. I mean, I could call the cops on someone every day just my drive to work with all the road rage I see every day.

Midnightrider

Just because you repeat this over and over again, doesn’t make it true...........I don’t see anyone falling in line except Progs who have been trying to take our guns away for decades
When is the protest against trump and his endorsement of red flag laws?

Well, that's not me. I would bet to guess most 2A people on here are against 'red flag' laws; or any other law would result in having firearms confiscated from law-abiding citizens, simply because someone reported that they exhibited dangerous behavior. I mean, I could call the cops on someone every day just my drive to work with all the road rage I see every day.
How many Trumpers are on this site? How many are complaining?
The fact is that if this was a democrat president this site would be going crazy and those same people would be implying that revolution is about to begin. And that’s my point, trump proposes it and there is generally silence

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

How many Trumpers are on this site? How many are complaining?
The fact is that if this was a democrat president this site would be going crazy and those same people would be implying that revolution is about to begin. And that’s my point, trump proposes it and there is generally silence
The Democrats have been pushing this for decades....we don’t protest, that’s a liberal ploy
We get things done you all just whine....
If you think Trump is goi g to push the Prog red flag agenda you are stupider than I thought you were
crap for brains

Midnightrider

The Democrats have been pushing this for decades....we don’t protest, that’s a liberal ploy
We get things done you all just whine....
If you think Trump is goi g to push the Prog red flag agenda you are stupider than I thought you were
crap for brains
You must not have been in Annapolis in 2013.......

Trump has already said he is on board with red flag laws. Why do you doubt DJT?

The ‘you all’ in your sentence is a guy who has been telling Trumpers that this was going to happen ever since he put that R after his name. He is still the liberal elite he has always been, that includes gun control for the masses.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

I wholeheartedly agree. This is how the Overton Window works.

--- End of line (MCP)

black dog

Free America

It's still ironic that you keep pushing red flag laws that some don't agree with but yet you still live in MD with dozens of anti 2nd amendment laws and bans but yet your not pickiting the MD Statehouse on a daily basis.
I still firmly believe that you are a liberial that doesn't own any firearms.
A true Second Amendment believer would never tolerate and live under the massive firearm restrictions living in Maryland.

Midnightrider

It's still ironic that you keep pushing red flag laws that some don't agree with but yet you still live in MD with dozens of anti 2nd amendment laws and bans but yet your not pickiting the MD Statehouse on a daily basis.
I still firmly believe that you are a liberial that doesn't own any firearms.
A true Second Amendment believer would never tolerate and live under the massive firearm restrictions living in Maryland.
well you are an idiot and you are wrong a lot.
I was at the statehouse numerous times over the last few years in opposition to Maryland's gun laws.

what is sad is that you get right in line with gun control when trump tells you to. Again you are here trolling me instead of stating that POTUS is wrong for endorsing laws that will infringe on our rights.

This_person

well you are an idiot and you are wrong a lot.
I was at the statehouse numerous times over the last few years in opposition to Maryland's gun laws.

what is sad is that you get right in line with gun control when trump tells you to. Again you are here trolling me instead of stating that POTUS is wrong for endorsing laws that will infringe on our rights.
You're asking people to argue against something that hasn't occurred.

Trump's words, in context, include due process, which is reasonable for all laws and rights.

Again, we do NOT say that anyone can say anything at any time for any reason - we limit the first amendment. We already have limitations on the second amendment that you have no problem accepting, like prisoners not having guns.

"...shall not be infringed" is not without limits. No matter how many times you try and say that Trump suggested something he didn't, he still didn't. No one here is supporting the idea of bad laws, they're debating a concept to establish what those reasonable limits could be.

You're not going to bully and insult people into agreeing with you, so I suggest you try to trade tactics to adult, reasonable conversation.

I know you are incapable, but it would still be nice to see you try.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I guess I find myself somewhere between. I am very wary about all this chatter as it it is far too infrequent for anyone (public figures, that is) speaking about the issue by starting with, "The Second Amendment is inviolate. Any discussion about measures must start from that point." Instead, most are starting with, "Who can be against reasonable gun control (measures)?" That's a tell; a good tell about support for a bad position.

So I was glad to read of a recent Trump tweet where he started with a "I support the 2A" idea. But it's the "but" that follows that has me concerned.

If you want to read about the potential for RFL being abused, check this out:

Some of it is a bit hyperbolic, but there's no arguing the essence and the points being made. And I speak from personal, first-hand knowledge...(note the first line of my sig if you doubt).

--- End of line (MCP)

This_person

I guess I find myself somewhere between. I am very wary about all this chatter as it it is far too infrequent for anyone (public figures, that is) speaking about the issue by starting with, "The Second Amendment is inviolate. Any discussion about measures must start from that point." Instead, most are starting with, "Who can be against reasonable gun control (measures)?" That's a tell; a good tell about support for a bad position.

So I was glad to read of a recent Trump tweet where he started with a "I support the 2A" idea. But it's the "but" that follows that has me concerned.

If you want to read about the potential for RFL being abused, check this out:

Some of it is a bit hyperbolic, but there's no arguing the essence and the points being made. And I speak from personal, first-hand knowledge...(note the first line of my sig if you doubt).

--- End of line (MCP)
Agree.

A RFL implies fore-knowledge that a crime would be committed. "Attempted-[insert crime here]" can be against the law, and is often prosecuted and enforced. A RFL implies that a person is so dangerous they can't be in society.

I would not be against simply taking weapons. I would be for involuntary commitment, after adjudication where the accused has the ability to defend him/herself.

I see this as a potential help for the tiny number of gun-related (and others) crimes. I point out they are a tiny number to not hyperbolically knee-jerk react out of emotion, as many are trying to do. However, the consequences of these crimes are quite large for the tiny group of people impacted.

The fact is, a properly formatted and enforced RFL is a reasonable use of government. The problem is, the likelihood of such a law being properly formatted is close to nil, and to have that law be properly enforced is closer.