And Leaf Management begins.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Fired up the backpack leaf blower for the first leaf management session. On the bright side, it DOES make a cold beer taste good.

Backpack style leaf blowers are awesome. Beats handhelds cold, quieter, seems to me, too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ah, yes, leaf management. My least favorite part of not only fall but life in general.

God how I love apartment living!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Ours started falling weeks ago, in fact, I have a huge collection on our property. Unless I can cut them up on our tractor, they won't be removed. I am nursing a foot injury and start P.T. next week.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ours started falling weeks ago, in fact, I have a huge collection on our property. Unless I can cut them up on our tractor, they won't be removed. I am nursing a foot injury and start P.T. next week.

Does your husband do any type of yard work?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Does your husband do any type of yard work?

no :lol:

Part of the reason is I don't really give him the chance but secondly, I work closer to home and have more time. When we are together, I'd rather find something other than yard work to do.

He may have to fill my void this Fall until my foot gets better though.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
no :lol:

Part of the reason is I don't really give him the chance but secondly, I work closer to home and have more time. When we are together, I'd rather find something other than yard work to do.

So, he cleans the house and makes dinner?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Don't hate me Dowhat but when I am working hard outside and he is home and I want a sandwich, he'll make one for me without one iota of complaint.

I may have to change the blades on my tractor before leaf season really hits. I have mulching blades on it and they don't do well with the bagger.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I may have to change the blades on my tractor before leaf season really hits. I have mulching blades on it and they don't do well with the bagger.

They don't? My mower has mulching blades; put a new pair on earlier this summer.
I wrestle the vacuum tube long enough to attach it to the mower deck; fire up the motor on the tow-behind vacuum and I don't have any problems.
One complete pass over the whole yard; stopping only to empty the bagger; and the leaves are gone.

dgates80

Land of the lost
But then what to DO with them? I use a tarp and drag them into the woods. Tried burning them once. Bad idea.

I have a small wood chipper, I might see how it does with leaves....

I have a small wood chipper, I might see how it does with leaves....

From past experience.... not worth it. A royal PITA actually. They tend to clog the chipper and you have to stop frequently to clear it.

I use my tractor and bagger. I have lots of good places to dump yard debris, so that's no issue for me.