And Now For Something Completely Different

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm filled up with Covid and politics. Enough. Time to change the subject for a while.

Started to prepare for my Thanksgiving meal. Just me this year, decided a trip to AR to see the family wasn't a great idea. Two newborns to my nieces, dad still in lockup and it's sounding like he won't be let out. I still have a bit of a cough, so avoiding the family. I'll consider a trip around New Years.

Had a small turkey in the freezer, let it thaw enough to cut it in half, re-froze half. Made some orange cranberry sauce. Going to make a pot of French onion soup, the traditional green bean casserole, in-bird stuffing, roasted brussels and small red taters. For desert, apple and pumpkin pies. Cheated there, got Marie Callandars. A bottle of .... close your ears Monello.... Prosecco for some mid-morning mixed drinks.

Haven't decided whether I want to oven roast the turkey, or grill it outside spatchcock style. Last few birds I've done outside, so leaning towards the oven this time.

So how is everyone else's dinner plans coming along?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

mitzi

Not cooking. My son and DIL said they would take care of everything. I offered to bring something, they said they want to do it all. He is smoking the turkey and I have never had that before. I'm looking forward to the day.

luvmygdaughters

Going to the youngest daughters house, she and my soon to be son in law bought a new home and she is excited to host the dinner there. My oldest daughter and youngest granddaughter will be joining us. My oldest granddaughter and my great granddaughter are headed to NJ to spend it with her fiance's family. I'm making the dressing and Creme Brulee for dessert, oldest daughter is bringing meatballs, mac and cheese and a baked ham, youngest is doing the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, etc. Hopefully, nosy neighbors wont be calling the tip line on us and turn us in!!

TPD

the poor dad
Stopped at Sivaks this afternoon and picked up some sweet potatoes and a butternut squash. He had fresh string beans as well but I'm not a fan of that darn string bean casserole that everyone else serves so didn't get any of those. Gonna talk nice to my brother this evening to see if I can con a half pint of oysters from him. Wife made a pumpkin pie last week and I have one more piece to finish it off this evening so won't have to worry about that on Turkey day. I always eat dessert first!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I'm filled up with Covid and politics. Enough. Time to change the subject for a while.

Started to prepare for my Thanksgiving meal. Just me this year, decided a trip to AR to see the family wasn't a great idea. Two newborns to my nieces, dad still in lockup and it's sounding like he won't be let out. I still have a bit of a cough, so avoiding the family. I'll consider a trip around New Years.

Had a small turkey in the freezer, let it thaw enough to cut it in half, re-froze half. Made some orange cranberry sauce. Going to make a pot of French onion soup, the traditional green bean casserole, in-bird stuffing, roasted brussels and small red taters. For desert, apple and pumpkin pies. Cheated there, got Marie Callandars. A bottle of .... close your ears Monello.... Prosecco for some mid-morning mixed drinks.

Haven't decided whether I want to oven roast the turkey, or grill it outside spatchcock style. Last few birds I've done outside, so leaning towards the oven this time.

So how is everyone else's dinner plans coming along?
How do you do in-bird stuffing in half a bird?

my-thyme

Patron
My only contribution, by assignment, will be sweet potatoes. I'm sure dinner will include Stuffed Ham, Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, Mama's sausage stuffing (cooked in a corning ware), roast squash, and whatever else my nieces come up with. Oyster stew from my brother. And too many desserts to name.

If the mask police show up, we will offer a full plate as a bribe.

my-thyme

Patron
Have a sourdough in the oven now. Smells great. I haven't made a successful sourdough yet, but I keep trying.