And off the cliff they go!

Hijinx

Unfortunately it's looking like he'll be their nominee.

Remember when I loved me some Uncle Joe and defended him against his detractors? Man, the media really did a great job of covering up for him because now we're finding out all this corruption and bizarre behavior. His gaffes were somewhat loveable, I thought, but this Ukraine thing is pure graft. With OUR money!

It appears to me that these political giants--(Biden, Kerry, Pelosi, Romney)--saw that money was going to go to the Ukraine, and set their kids up to get a piece of the action------------and now they want to impeach President Trump for asking about it.

gemma_rae

It appears to me that these political giants--(Biden, Kerry, Pelosi, Romney)--saw that money was going to go to the Ukraine, and set their kids up to get a piece of the action------------and now they want to impeach President Trump for asking about it.
:yeahthat:
That. That right there is this whole Schitt show in a nutshell!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
And maybe what Schiff did with his little "subpoena play" wasn't just "beyond the pale." Could, in fact, be illegal:

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Pelosi's comments to reporter Jim Rosen about her being Catholic and therefore he was wrong to ask a question about her hating Trump will backfire down the road (as will her comments about prayerfully considering impeachment).
Saw this today. Very nicely done (from the guy AOC blocked, who then sued, where AOC then agreed to unblock in order to not go to court):

Wish I could snip the whole post (it's that good). But you'll have to click over to enjoy the entire essay. But here's the second paragraph in:
“My goodness!,” I thought to myself. “How utterly frustrated, bemused — even furious — sincerely devout Catholics must feel listening to this cheap politician, who represents billionaires in a district teeming with homeless, cloaking her hatred for President Trump in Catholic fabric!” Which part of her devout “as a Catholic” devotion leads Nancy Pelosi to be a leader in promoting abortions, gay marriage, and the Obama–Democrat agenda she shepherded? Where was this “as a Catholic” when the Little Sisters of the Poor were fighting their way to the Supreme Court of the United States, seeking SCOTUS protection in Zubik v. Burwell in 2016, from Pelosi’s Obamacare, which forced the nuns, against their Catholic faith, to provide birth control contraceptives to employees? (I know where I was. Together with my Orthodox rabbinical colleagues Rabbi Steven Pruzansky and Rabbi Mitchell Rocklin, I submitted an amicus curae brief with the court in support of the Catholic nuns.)

--- End of line (MCP)

Stjohns3269

Saw this today. Very nicely done (from the guy AOC blocked, who then sued, where AOC then agreed to unblock in order to not go to court):

Wish I could snip the whole post (it's that good). But you'll have to click over to enjoy the entire essay. But here's the second paragraph in:

--- End of line (MCP)

You forgot Trump did the exact same thing but hypocritically only care when AOC did it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hold on. He's looking for another.

SamSpade

--- End of line (MCP)

I was brought up Catholic - went to Catholic schools, altar boy, good friends with the priest, who came by after church on Sunday to watch football, smoke and drink whiskey. Most of my (liberal) relatives are Catholic.

I'm not Catholic anymore - but I do know that Catholics as a group are typically very much less engaged with religion as they are with Catholic "culture". And I can say that, being raised in a region almost entirely Polish, Italian and Irish. Ask them a Bible question and most of them don't know it. Ask them about church tradition, novenas, First Fridays and every Catholic prayer they learned growing up - well, even then maybe not so much. Your typical Catholic attends church sparingly - the average parish will list several thousand members while attendance might average a fifth of that.

So growing up - there were devout Catholics - such as my uncle who passed last month - and the rest. I can attest to - having spent the first third of my life awash in Catholicism, reading Aquinas and schooled in the Douay-Rheims (my parents very much wanted me to not just be a priest, but a Jesuit) - if someone refers to their Catholic upbringing as indicative of their virtue - I have to struggle not to laugh. My Catholic neighborhood was - rumored to be - about 25% MOB. Yeah, they go to church too.

Nancy is also likely mob related - even Snopes gives it a "mixture" - meaning they're reluctant to say so, but admit it's probably true.

Yooper

You forgot Trump did the exact same thing but hypocritically only care when AOC did it.
Feel free to mind read and immediately accuse me of hypocrisy. Here's an alternative take: I added what I did about AOC in order to put the author and his article in context (politically, geographically, etc.).

I was brought up Catholic - went to Catholic schools, altar boy, good friends with the priest, who came by after church on Sunday to watch football, smoke and drink whiskey.

I'm not Catholic anymore - but I do know that Catholics as a group are typically very much less engaged with religion as they are with Catholic "culture". And I can say that, being raised in a region almost entirely Polish, Italian and Irish....
Agree pretty much entirely (and by that I mean our growing up experience was very, very similar (religion, altar boy, etc. Even down to the ethnic mix)). I have no problem with the so-called "cultural Catholic" (or whatever), but I do have a problem when someone plays a card that the person has otherwise shown to be meaningless.

Thanks for the post. Cheers.

--- End of line (MCP)

CPUSA

1. Not and illegal search and seizure. You're making up things again.
  2. Speaking of making up things, Obama didn't spy on Trump. And even if he had, it wouldn't have been illegal because Trump has continually renewed the provisions of a law that would have allowed that to happen. The same provisions "freedom loving Libertarians" have contested and "freedom loving Republicans" seemingly love.
  3. What's interesting is that there's only one Libertarian on your ignore list but you post as if you didn't click "show ignored content" before posting.
I certainly hope Karma is making you or many of your loved ones to suffer in this life...
You deserve nothing less...

Clem72

I haven't really followed this topic outside of the forum. Can you explain (or point to an article that explains) Kerry/Pelosi/Romney connection to Ukraine graft?