And Then There Were 2!

TPD

the poor dad

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ah yes,m you can be cowed and beaten into submission

Expect the Teen Suicide Rates to go up .... at the very least distribution to anti depressants

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't have the time this morning for a long post on this but - please check this out:

Melissa Macuci Goshorn started a Facebook page and she, along with many other concerned parents AND citizens HAVE made some difference over the past year. They are banding together against the school system, Dr. Curry, and the school board to have their voices heard.

I encourage ANYONE who is interested in this subject to visit this FB page, and read the post at the link below

Even if you're NOT IN Calvert County - this is affecting all SOMD counties! They need help to fight back and they need money to hire attorneys. The attorney who is going to help Calvert's parents is already working for them while they raise money.

rio

What I don't understand about masking in schools is that we were told that after 10 minutes of close contact, with or without a mask, you would have to quarantine and/or be tested if you were around someone who tested positive. So what good is it to wear a mask in school all day if after the first 10 minutes it doesn't matter?

Kinnakeet

COVID 19(KUNG FLU) JUST THE REGULAR FLU THAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE IS DOING HARM SO THEY CAN CONTROL YOUR LIFE

UglyBear

I don't have the time this morning for a long post on this but - please check this out:

Melissa Macuci Goshorn started a Facebook page and she, along with many other concerned parents AND citizens HAVE made some difference over the past year. They are banding together against the school system, Dr. Curry, and the school board to have their voices heard.

I encourage ANYONE who is interested in this subject to visit this FB page, and read the post at the link below

Even if you're NOT IN Calvert County - this is affecting all SOMD counties! They need help to fight back and they need money to hire attorneys. The attorney who is going to help Calvert's parents is already working for them while they raise money.

My family is painfully interested in this subject.

the discussions for the last two weeks, on weather to send our kids to school or homeschool for another year, are giving me a facial tic (my whole right side is continuously twitching).

We really want to be active and meet like-minded parents.

But here comes criticism: our side is horribly disorganized. This is the first time I heard about this group. We saw the lonely poster about the protest of the School Board meeting only a week after it happened. Can we do better? How can we increase our visibility and concentrate our efforts?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

the discussions for the last two weeks, on weather to send our kids to school or homeschool for another year, are giving me a facial tic (my whole right side is continuously twitching).

But here comes criticism: our side is horribly disorganized. This is the first time I heard about this group. We saw the lonely poster about the protest of the School Board meeting only a week after it happened. Can we do better? How can we increase our visibility and concentrate our efforts?
Having met you and your wife, and reading your posts here, I think you would do a terrific job homeschooling. I'm sure time for you is tight, but I'd be a lot more confident in your homeschool than public schooling.

Bann

PREMO Member

Join that Facebook page meet other parents through that. There are also other parent groups that post to that page because it's like a Clearing House for info.

Bann

PREMO Member
@UglyBear - I have my yoga class tonight so when I get back from that I'll go ahead and be able to PM you with more information after you read my pm to you. :lol:

I can put you guys in touch with the people that you need to be in touch with. :yay:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If you've already been homeschooling, continue doing so. Then, go to the theatrics that is a school board meeting, with all the other pissed off parents, and with your 2 minute allocation time to speak, tell them you've pulled your children out of public school and are homeschooling them because of the idiocy going on in the public school system. Then while still speaking add that you encourage all those in attendance to pull their children out of school and home school as well or to send their children to a private school.

Bann

PREMO Member
A website that has a lot more information about the goings on and also how to get involved. I will say that the "getting involved" part is the MOST important.

I don't have children in school anymore, but I have seen over the past year, and NOW I am really a believer that this whole situation with COVID and masks, etc. has affected and WILL affect every other area of our local communities.

Think about it - it affects the local day cares, it affects parents being able to fully work. Not to mention the indoctrination of the kids with all of this. I may not be able to make a difference on a national scale, but I can help do that here locally. Please at least consider lending some kind of support OR donate money if you can. It can really help.

This whole COVID and CRT business has really put the spotlight on the fact that Calvert County's School Board needs MORE conservative voices on it!!!

I urge anyone interested to PLEASE, PLEASE get involved and if you want contact information about how to do that - PM me.

Reactions: TPD

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
One more year and we'll be done with CCPS for good. :yahoo: Lucky for us, both our boys have been raised to ignore what the school is trying to shove down their throats. In one ear and out the other. Oldest even got in-school detention a couple times for balking at what was being preached. #proudparentmoment

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
One more year and we'll be done with CCPS for good. :yahoo: Lucky for us, both our boys have been raised to ignore what the school is trying to shove down their throats. In one ear and out the other. Oldest even got in-school detention a couple times for balking at what was being preached. #proudparentmoment
What was it?