And we keep re-electing this guy because...?

Toxick

Splat
And we keep re-electing this guy because...?

1. This is Maryland - he's a D*
  2. Gerrymandering doesn't hurt.
  3. Habit.

*That means 2 things.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I was born in 5D My family and friends are in 5 D. I love 5D My grave site is in 5D.

I have never voted for Steny Hoyer, and I never intend to.

For many years, St. Mary's, Charles, and Calvert were part of the 1st Congressional District. They were't moved to the 5th district until the 1992 election.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Best article I've seen so far summarizing what the issues are with Rep Tlaib's latest Holocaust-Palestine public musings. From Paul Mirengoff at Powerline.

Quite good. So yes, well worth your time if you're interested in sorting through the rhetoric (Left & Right), as well as why Steny's defense is so pathetic.

The set-up:
The problem with Tlaib’s statement isn’t insufficient outrage over the Holocaust. She may or may not be guilty of this, but her statement acknowledges “the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across he world at that time.”

The problem with her statement is the claim that Palestinians tried to create a safe haven for Jews. Nothing could be further from the truth.

From the close:
To call Tlaib’s account of what happened post-Holocaust “revisionist” doesn’t do it justice. It’s a bald-face lie.

Does Tlaib believe her account? That’s the most charitable interpretation — that she’s been brainwashed.

The alternative explanation is she’s flat out lying about what happened immediately after Hitler tried to wipe out the Jews. That’s no way to “celebrate,” um “remember,” the Holocaust.

Link: "RASHIDA TLAIB’S LATEST: NOT ANTI-SEMITIC BUT BLATANTLY FALSE"

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Best article I've seen so far summarizing what the issues are with Rep Tlaib's latest Holocaust-Palestine public musings. From Paul Mirengoff at Powerline.

Today we have an opposing view of Tlaib's comments from another of the Powerline's contributors (John Hinderaker). Also, the author of the article I posted yesterday (Paul Mirengoff) adds a comment or two to John's post. Makes for excellent reading.

In a nutshell:
This is where the interview turned controversial. Numerous Republicans, including President Trump, have denounced Tlaib’s comments, some because they interpreted them as anti-Semitic. The majority view, however, is the one expressed by Paul, who termed Tlaib’s musings on the Middle East “not anti-Semitic” but “blatantly false.” At risk of being wrong–one disagrees with Paul at one’s peril–my view of Tlaib’s comments is exactly the opposite. I don’t think she made the historical blunder with which she has been charged, the absurd view that Arabs welcomed Jews to the region to give them a haven following the Holocaust. But I do think that what she said is consistent with a deep anti-Semitism.

Link: "FROM RASHIDA WITH LOVE [WITH COMMENT BY PAUL]"

--- End of line (MCP)